"This application can not be downloaded at this time." Help?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I'm trying to reinstall Heroes and Castles Lite. I've had it on my device before and played it before. Now I'm attempting to install it again and I keep getting that "Can't be downloaded" message halfway through the download

I have more than enough space free to download the game so that's not an issue. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You have around a gigabyte free?
    Restart your device and also check the strenght of your Wifi signal.

3. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I had that happen a few times, too.
    Wifi signal was ok, and I am pretty sure that it did not drop during the downloads.
    My best guess is Appstore hiccups, as an hour or two later it worked fine everytime this happened. Plus, I saw some other odd stuff in the last few weeks, i.e. app updates showing up again 1-3 days after I downloaded them already.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Tried the other post's suggestion, still happened
    Hope it's just AppStore hiccups. Really wanted to try the game again before buying the full version

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I get this, pretty rarely, and usually just click to retry a few times and it works.

One time, downloading asphalt 7, on one of my old devices, I shut the iPod off midway through the download. When I turned it on, I got that message and the download would hang. Tried to D/L about 5 times. Erased the file tried again, same message. Nothing worked. I gave up and moved on.
    Hopefully you get it to work and don't have the same problem I did.

6. Yeah, lately, especially for updates, get a failed message, and have to keep hitting retry a bunch of times sometimes, kinda annoying, but not a show stopper.