Way of the Dogg (2.99->.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Pocketnova, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012

Way of the Dogg

505 Games (US), Inc.
    *** Optimized for iPhone 4s and Above, iPod Touch 5th Gen and Above, iPad 2 and Above *** There is trouble on the stree…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *** Optimized for iPhone 4s and Above, iPod Touch 5th Gen and Above, iPad 2 and Above *** There is trouble on the street and your weapon's the beat! Listen up, student: everyone has a heartbeat. For some it’s the pursuit of money, others are driven by power, and there are many more beats that are less… Clear. All those rhythms, they overlap but the noise of the city doesn’t matter to America Jones. America cares about two things... his woman and the fight. He was the best fighter in the city; everyone knew that but then one night, everything changed. Hell bent on revenge, America comes to the Temple to train with Snoop Dogg. Finding the way means finding the beat that drives the fight, in order to revenge Sierra and bring peace to this troubled city… and that is why you are here. Train as AJ, pick a side, take your chances and find the way: The Way of the Dogg. Way of the Dogg is a brutal, rhythm-action combat adventure, set to Snoop Dogg’s music. Each level is a fresh fight against a different character in a new location defined by a Snoop Dogg track. As AJ, fight your way through 14 levels, each a superbly choreographed beat-matched fight, set to Snoop's music, including 'Who am I?', 'Gz and Hustlas' and '10 Lil Crips' to name but a few. Follow Snoop's lead in the Temple Tutorials. Train with Snoop, pick a side, take your chances and find the way: The Way of the Dogg.
    Information
    Seller:505 Games (US), Inc.
    Genre:Action, Music
    Release:Jun 12, 2013
    Updated:Jun 12, 2013
    Version:1.0.0
    Size:580.0 MB
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Probably to celabrate the launch of Terraria.

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Is this game any good at all? I have read bad reviews about this game.

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    What I read and the videos I watched made this seem like a pretty solid touch rhythm game. I may end up picking it up as I really love the genre.

4. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Should I buy this game? Can anyone who have got the game give me their impression?

5. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA

Way of the Dogg

505 Games (US), Inc.
    *** Optimized for iPhone 4s and Above, iPod Touch 5th Gen and Above, iPad 2 and Above *** There is trouble on the stree…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *** Optimized for iPhone 4s and Above, iPod Touch 5th Gen and Above, iPad 2 and Above *** There is trouble on the street and your weapon's the beat! Listen up, student: everyone has a heartbeat. For some it’s the pursuit of money, others are driven by power, and there are many more beats that are less… Clear. All those rhythms, they overlap but the noise of the city doesn’t matter to America Jones. America cares about two things... his woman and the fight. He was the best fighter in the city; everyone knew that but then one night, everything changed. Hell bent on revenge, America comes to the Temple to train with Snoop Dogg. Finding the way means finding the beat that drives the fight, in order to revenge Sierra and bring peace to this troubled city… and that is why you are here. Train as AJ, pick a side, take your chances and find the way: The Way of the Dogg. Way of the Dogg is a brutal, rhythm-action combat adventure, set to Snoop Dogg’s music. Each level is a fresh fight against a different character in a new location defined by a Snoop Dogg track. As AJ, fight your way through 14 levels, each a superbly choreographed beat-matched fight, set to Snoop's music, including 'Who am I?', 'Gz and Hustlas' and '10 Lil Crips' to name but a few. Follow Snoop's lead in the Temple Tutorials. Train with Snoop, pick a side, take your chances and find the way: The Way of the Dogg.
    Information
    Seller:505 Games (US), Inc.
    Genre:Action, Music
    Release:Jun 12, 2013
    Updated:Jun 12, 2013
    Version:1.0.0
    Size:580.0 MB
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

6. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I went ahead and just now bought it. It's downloading now. I'll give it a try when I can and post some feedback. Maybe this is another hidden gem.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #7 nightc1, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    Here's some feedback on the game for those interested.

The game lists 19 progressive levels to play through each with it's own leaderboard. There are 10 achievements worth 100 points each. I played through the first level. For those that don't know this is a story based music game like Gitaroo Man and Frederic The Resurrection of Music. The cut-scenes have moving bits but it's more comic style instead of animation. Gameplay is akin to Elite Beat Agents and Tone Sphere. It's all about tapping, sliding. slicing and so on as a ring closes in on the target. So it's familiar feeling gameplay to anyone very familiar with the genre. This is maybe more akin to EBA simply because it's single touch so far.

Instead of a lengthy tutorial that wastes the first song, they provide a few static screens to slide through to see all the stuff you'll encounter. Still, the first song for a music gaming vet like me was pretty easy so it should be pretty good to intro for the less experienced.

Music is so far all good. I'm not a big hiphop fan or whatever, but it fits the game. The voice acting IMO is really good. I wouldn't have expected a game tied to something like this to perform on that end of things, but it works. It has a cool vibe sort of like Jet Set Radio's DJ. Heck, maybe even cooler (and I'm a big fan of the audio side of Jet Set Radio).

I went ahead and played the second fight. I'm assuming all of the levels are fight sequences. This would probably be a great game to airplay/hdmi to show off to others while you focus on the small screen trying to play well. Anyway second level ramped up the difficulty as animated sequences break up the fighting/tapping and you gotta stay on your toes when the action kicks back in as there's no warning. I still managed to S rank it, but again I'm a skilled player. I still missed a few spots.

Beyond the game, you get to unlock some character profiles and who knows what else (I just got the game). There's a nice credit sequence and the music seems to have been radio edited which means the game may actually be safe for my kids. I didn't expect that.

All in all $1 well spent. Any fan of music games like this shouldn't hesitate unless they hate hiphop/rap with a passion or something.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah it's a great rhythm game on its own. As nightc1 mentioned, it's kinda like EBA, and actually like Demons Score which is also on iOS.

What's pathetic are people complaining about what it isnt and rate the game as 1-star, when it's clearly stated on the description that it is a rhythm game.

Same fate as Demons Score... The retarded ones rated it 1 or 2-stars when they bought it coz they were expecting an RPG or an action hack and slash type of game. That said, even the forums has those with wrong expectations and say it's a bad game.