Free Speech

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by griffilms, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffilms

griffilms Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #1 griffilms, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
    "It was closed for a reason, and the reason wasn't because your point wasn't valid"

Roy

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yes, it is.

3. wossname

wossname Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
    I hope so.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4 undeadcow, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    Titty baby... boycott space wolves!

If one thread gets locked so you create multiple others to "protest" it'll only get you banned, and rightfully so.

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    griffilms, if every other member acted like you, would you want to stay here?

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Like I said before: Someones getting banned. :rolleyes:

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Whose quote is that? Is that a PM from a Mod? I mean you should site your source of a quote.

I said my peace on your FIRST thread on this topic. You are trying desperately to ride the Tiny Wings Coat Tails by spamming your game in our faces in such a backhanded manner. Self promotion is not allowed to the extent you were trying to spam the threads with.

I considered your game for all of two seconds until I saw your methods. Now, desperation does not encourage sales. Sorry.

Word of advice - drop it - spamming multiple threads on the same topic no matter what twist you have this time will get you banned. Banned. How is that going to market your game? How will you interact with the TA community that way? How will you announce updates? You have killed any relationship you should have had and since TA is a valuable resource to developers you should try some damage control at this point instead of desperately trying to get a new thread to stick without getting locked - again.

Another way to get yourself banned is to create too much work for the mods - having mods sift through reported posts and then their threads and then lock them or infract you or what have you is unnecessary work on their part. Save face here sir. That is your best way to salvage this situation right now.

While looking at the Greek App Store where you claimed your app was number one -- it is now #49. So you are clearly doing something wrong. Why don't you take a step back and figure out how to be less aggressive and more open to the public you are trying to impress enough to purchase your product. Last I knew you had a game thread and I suggest you stick to posting there for the time being lest you get any more members to black ball your apps.

And - sarcastically rude response coming from griffilms in 10, 9, 8....

8. griffilms

griffilms Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Okay , my posts seem to have riled many here, so apologies if I did anything that was considered to be against forum etiquette.

Over and Out,
    Roy.

9. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    "free speech"

This is not your house tho...It's a privilege to post here, not a right. :)

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I do agree though, some mods here do have too much power, and use it wrongfully.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think we're all losing sight of the major issue here. What really troubles me is that... crex said Gameloft are the perfect example of original games not necessarily being good. Whaaa?? :eek:

12. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    so what? a game is not 100% original and takes inspiration from other sources?

wow.. thats new.. what a scandal.. someone think bout the kids!

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    +10000000000

14. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    #14 Curleh Mustache, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    You know, exposing someone else's game's originality isn't going to make me buy a copy of space wolves. And isn't space wolves a clone of angry birds anyways?

15. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    WTF? What the hell kinda shit happened over in Cairo, Egypt that made everyone grow a set? It seems as though there is a new thread every other day where someone is standing up for what they believe in and voicing their opinions regardless of the consequences....

But there are some decent points made by the OP...

Therefore I agree to an extent.

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #16 Vovin, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
    @ OP: So, so... My, my...
    Preaching water and drinking wine, yes? Pitiful.

Anyway, let's get over to the actual discussion.
    Well, mods have too much power? I think not.

I'd take this as something like an insult.
    I'm here for a long, long time now - and the mods do what they have to:
    follow the rules. Nothing more, nothing less.

But people tend to get pissed when they are confronted with regulations.
    We all know that regulations are neccessary as soon as more than 2 people come together. On of the greatest neccessities throughout the human history. Means: mods are screwed. They have to piss people off, just by following the rules that every registered user has agreed to. Do you remember - perhaps?

I know the mods for this long time now and neither INSM nor VeganTNT or our other mods are taking these rules and the decision they have to make too easy.
    They are giving all the daily matters in which they have to get involved always enough thoughts, depending of the kind of broken rule.

This doesn't make them much friends. But it is neccessary to maintain at least a bit of seriousness in these forum.
    You don't believe me? Go over to a DS or PSP forum. After that, you will enjoy TA's mood.

I feel good on TA and I like a lot of people here. I feel privileged to be allowed to be and speak here. It's not my right because I understand myself as a guest of Arn and Hodapp. So, FREE SPEECH is fine. But this term shouln't be misused like done by the threads opener.

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Newsflash: The internet is not a free-speech zone. It's not a place where you can say whatever you want-- the internet is a collection of privately owned entities and companies which have every right to decide what you can or can't say. It's in the rules when you signed up for these forums, and it's in the rules for pretty much any other internet forum.

The first amendment only applies to public and government spaces, and even then there are lots of excuses to limit it, such as public disturbances. It does not give you free license to say whatever you want.

18. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Are you asking for teh banhammer?

:eek: how could he!?!?!?!

+1

And to add my opinion, if you don't like the rules, don't post here!

19. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    LOL!!!!!
    I can't believe you made another one.
    I thought you'd be banned by now.
    Please get off TA :]
    (too honest?) :p

20. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    Another point I think was overlooked is that free speech is not allowed in every country, and free speech also does not mean I can shout racist and sexist slurs and get away with it.