Does Black Friday craze extend to Itunes Store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tomheroes, Nov 18, 2010.

1. tomheroes

tomheroes Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    With all the sales at brick and mortar stores and online stores for Black Friday, I wondered if the publishers did similar sales in the Itunes store? I know there are sales pretty much every day on this app or that app, but do the publishers go crazy on Black Friday or is it just another day?

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Last year they most certainly did. Huge amounts of cuts and sales. Continued all the way through the holidays. Kind of why this week I am being a little frugal with my purchases (other than a few MUST haves in the last day) since in a week they could all be slashed!

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This is the week where you buy a 50 dollar cards. Last years was crazier than christmas.

4. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

sales

Yes as a developer myself Iam curious to see how crazy does it actually get in the app store.

5. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
  6. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

glad

Iam glad developers are doing this , so I dont have to see comments like this all over the place

" he had the nerve to charge $2.99 , what type of human being are you "

" I dont care if its 3D with playstation graphics , 99 cent should be the maximum allowed !!! Who the hell does gameloft think they are !?! "

" For $6.99 I could buy 9 games for 99 cents , so dummies waste your money , I must be the only one who can do math over here "

I mean $5.99 for a game I could buy a console game with that type of money . Look I dont mind the $1,99 or even $2.99 sometimes its worth it . But $5.99 now you developers cross the line
    and are stepping in forbidden territory . Thats premium money I can do alot with $5.99 . At $5.99 you are impairing my ability to pay bills and support my own family. I once saw a game listed at $9.99 and almost past out. Are you ****ing crazy !! $9.99 how the hell I am supposed to pay rent !!

7. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    There are already big sales going on... EA discounted a bunch of stuff recently, and expect December to get crazy with releases/sales as the big boys fight for the charts. But keep in mind there's only so much you can discount when the majority of apps are 99ยข or free :D