Unknown Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by funkynubman, Feb 15, 2010.

1. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    What are some unknown games that deserve to be in at least the Top 100?
    I'm always up for supporting underground, high-quality games. Here's my list:

Smashed!- A neat action/ puzzle game with great graphics and many levels

Gloop- An innovative physics/ art toy to show off your Iphone capability

Spirit- A game similar to the geo-style, but a lot more fancy. Cool gameplay and lots of replayability.

Enviro-Bear 2010- Sure, it's popular, but not enough. What's better than a bear driving an orange automobile?!

Beat It!- It's hard to believe people waste their money on "Rock Band" when Beat It is out. It's a new take on the beat formula, very fun.

Eliss- A classic indie game with a lot of character and innovative gameplay.

Space Ninja- A dodging game with great accelerometer controls.

Monster Ball- Like playing Chinese Checkers on drugs.

Canabalt- Another popular one, but not enough. It's got the same appeal as Doodle Jump- simple gameplay that keeps you coming back for more.

Please look up these awesome games and feel free to add some of your own!

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    All Fridges are Psychotic - Funny, original adventure game that didn't really get the attention it deserves. According to the dev, a sequel is in the works.

Blood'NGuns - One of the most fun dual-stick shooters around. It floods the screen with enemies that can be taken down without too much effort. Tons of weapons to add to it.

Necromancer Rising - Sure, it's got some decent popularity around here, but outside of this site, as far as I can tell, it's not exactly the most popular game ever. It was put in one of Apple's "Hot New Games" categories in iTunes, but other than that, not much publicity. Great dungeon-crawler, among the best out there.

Aztec Quest - It had a front page article, but that's about it. It's my favorite puzzle game on the iDevice, and everyone into puzzle games should have this one.

3. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    The settlers-awesome RTS

4. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    battle blasters

space miner

bed bugs

sword and poker

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Rat On A Scooter
    Critter Crunch

6. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Definately agreed on All Fridges are Psychotic and Aztec Quest...also, The Infinity Project and Gore Ball are two great games that perhaps didn't get the attention they deserved.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Three of these games are definately NOT unknown... ;)

8. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    well, i can't say which one should get on the top-100 but i can definately say, that puzzle games, mini-games and all the doodle stuff should be in a seperate top100-list.... maybe call it "mini-games" or just "useless games" ....

There is so much BS in the top100, sometimes i think, some devs/companies arrange other companies to purchase their game(s) so they get to the top 100, which seems to boost sales dramatically.