in App purchase not in sync with new release

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by rdklein, Nov 6, 2009.

1. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    I just came across this new effect.

My new ports of call lite version when into review 2 days agon and yesterday was ready for sale, so far so good.
    I sent this new lite together with my two in app purchases (marked keep in sync with app and supplied the binary at the same time),
    but now the 2 purchases keep in "waiting for review" and customers might get a sandbox purchase or so (I cannot really check this out) when they try to ge the addons
    I sent a ticket to apple for checkout of this

also strange the manage inapp purchase disappeared.
    -
    anybody else discovered this ?

2. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    We have two apps with in-app purchase still in review. You can set the availability date to sometime in the future, the only problem is that you miss the early adaptors. In our app we have made it so that it requests the available items from apple and shows that there are no items available, that's probably not helping you now though.

3. Bronson15

Bronson15 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    It usually takes Apple longer for In-App-Purcheses. It should come soon though.

4. rdklein

Apr 3, 2009
    Munich
    If I set the available date to the future it disappears from the shop I assume. And would be good to be visible in the store tops at the moment.

I am not sure what the customer gets if he tries to get an addon at the moment.

Would be great if someone can try it (the lite is free) -- I can see the items if I click on addon, and if I click on buy I get a sandbox message.

@bomber what is the call to check this out ? -- If have all errors captured at the moment that I know of, but that might not be helpful for the user (difficult to test) -- for my next app I can learn of this.

5. rdklein

Apr 3, 2009
    Munich
    I added a wait for review in the store text - as then the people can see thats not purchaseable -- hope this doesnt delay review.

6. rdklein

Apr 3, 2009
    Munich
    meanwhile the in app purchase is in review for some weeks, and the app with the in app purchase was out of sync -- really a horror -- anybody planing for an in app purchase be warned - strange that it aes so long, even afer the app was set to read for sale including the not enabed in app purchases.

7. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Our two new apps with in-app purchases have been approved, together with the purchasable items, at the same time. They are not appearing on the "Release Date" lists yet so we have not received any purchase though.

8. rdklein

Apr 3, 2009
    Munich
    and my are still in review !!! --- the app was released - maybe something went wrong ? or do they need so uch time for review (or waiting for a new binary as the binary was not synced and released by app before from a different reviewer) -- very strange.