Survey on dual stick shooter

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DGH94, Mar 5, 2010.

1. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Hey all,
    I'm doing a survey for my school newspaper. Considering a good portion of my school has iDevices, I figured it would be iDevice related. And of course, I'd get my results from the best site of em all, TA. So here's my question to you:

What's your favorite dual stick shooter and why?
    AND
    What's your LEAST favorite dual stick shooter and why?

Thanks a bunch guys, this is a real help and will hopefully get me the A. :)

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    fav? Minigore because of updates, features, graphics, replayibilty, and fanbase.

least fav?

Daisy Mae....because its like a sicko's dual stick shoooter

3. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Fav minigore least fav alive 4-ever

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    As far as the dual controls themselves, Meteor Blitz takes the cake; no other dual stick has gotten near them, and the game is fun too [if only it had OF :)] As for a game...Hmm..I guess Minigore because of the recent updates.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    can't say because I don't have any of these :eek: I can only think of iDracula and Dropship. I don't even have minigore o:

6. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    My favorite is GeoFighter. I'm not big on DSS, but it has a lot more to offer than MiniGore. MiniGore is my least favorite. I absolutely have no idea what people see in it. It has one map, 3 weapons, like 4 enemies... and that's it. I got bored after about 2 hours of it. I regret that $1.99.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ... aren't you trying to hide the fact that you spend time on TA? This would be somewhat a blow to your cover if someone decides to probe further.

8. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Favorite is Minigore. Great graphics and something that just keeps you coming back. Plus next episode is amazing ;).

Least would be Gremlin Empire. It is so bad In gameplay, graphics, and at life (its that bad) that it is the only Dual Stick I have ever deleted and I own over 35.

9. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I really don't care. A lot of my friends comment on the main page. Actually, a lot of people at my school know this site, no one visits the forums.

10. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Favorite, probably iDracula. I know it's old, no story, etc, but for whatever reason it's the one I keep coming back to. As for why? I like the controls, atmosphere, sound, graphics/etc. I also like the way it flows (for lack of a better word). Maybe I'm just used to it?

Least favorite, unfortunately probably Guerrilla Bob. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, and it controls really well. There's just something about it that didn't... come together properly for me.

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Leaving space ships out, my favorite so far is Guerilla Bob, because it gives me style PLUS content. My least favorite one was the one with the boob witch, don't remember the name anymore, was way too boring, erased it quickly.

12. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Favorite: iDracula. Bugless, timeless, and has amazing replayability.

Least favorite: Guerilla Bob. I dislike the controls and the replayability is just meh. Overall it wasn't a big hit with me. Too short.

13. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Favorite: Tie between Minigore and Guerrilla Bob. Just put me down for Guerrilla Bob for great graphics, level-based gameplay, survival arena, and crystal leaderboards

Least Favorite- Daisy Mae- Just find it boring, don't like the graphical style either (by no means is it a bad game though)

14. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Thanks a ton guys! Keep em coming! :D

15. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hmm itd be either Geofighter by Spokko, or Minigore. Idk why but minigore is just fun to me, dont care that there is not much content.

16. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

My favorite is Critical Wave because of it's fun gameplay,graphics,sounds and levels

the worst is probably bloodstream raiders because it's just plain horrible and not fun at all

17. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Right now my favorite is probably Garters & Ghouls because of the good atmosphere and gameplay. But there are several others I like.

iDracula was probably my least favorite, the game should have had more of a purpose or a story mode to it.

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Was Isotope.
    Now Minigore (since latest update.) unless CoD: WaW Zombies duel stick configuration counts? If so; then thats my pick for sure! ;)

19. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    My Favo - Revolt
    Least Favo?
    No Clue... there is something unique in every DSS I have that attracts my attention
    Gone are the days of Hatred & Disliking :)

20. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    My favourite is definitely Meteor Blitz, I don't know what my least favourite is.