I Wanna Fly - an endless fall game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Woodland Games, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodland Games

Woodland Games Active Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Poland
    #1 Woodland Games, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    EDIT:
    Relase date: 18th August! (yeah!)

Hey guys,

This is my first post, so please bear with me. I'm Krzysiek and I'm a part of a small indie studio called Woodland Games. We just finished work on our first project - I Wanna Fly, so I wanted to share some info. Since this is our first game, we took our sweet time with it to make it as polished and good-looking as possible (there were also some unexpected delays along the way ;) ). Let's start off with the trailer:

The game, as you can probably already tell, is an endless runner. We wanted to give it a unique twist to make it stand out a bit, so instead of of running or jumping as far as possible, we made the characters fall. The vertical orientation allows for more of the screen space to be used efectively and creates an interesting dynamic.

[​IMG]

The goal is simple - keep falling for as long as possible while avoiding the obstacles. As you're falling, the scenery transitions from one to another, making the game a seamless experience. There's going to be a high-score system in place to let you put your scores against other players. Also, as you're falling, you're collecting coins and 'accumulating' the distance you travelled - both are used as means to unlock new playable characters.

[​IMG]

We're really excited (and nervous) as this is a first time experience for us. The game's already out of beta tests and is going to release by the end of August, so If you guys like how it looks, let me know so I can hook you up with some pre-release App Store codes. Let me know what you think, I'll be more than happy to answer questions and keep you all updated.

Cheers!

2. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Just sent you a PM! Looks amazing!

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Sent a pm. I really wanna play this

4. Woodland Games

Aug 5, 2016
    Poland
    Thanks so much for the kind words! Check your inboxes for the codes and don't hesitate to ask if you got any questions.

5. Patthegymnast

Jan 12, 2016
    The game is amazing! Great job!❤️# can you add a ninja to the game?

6. echoli@zplay

echoli@zplay Member

May 13, 2016
    Looks very interesting, I love the music

You game looks very interesting, and i love the music of the game!! Love to be one of the first to try this game, would you mind PM me a code?

Echo:p

7. Woodland Games

Aug 5, 2016
    Poland
    Thanks so much, we're really excited to hear that you like it! The ninja is actually a great idea - we should've thought of that ourselves :D I'm gonna pass the idea to the game's creator - there's a good chance we're gonna add it with the first character pack.

Done, check your inbox :)

8. Patthegymnast

Jan 12, 2016

9. MkTr_studios

MkTr_studios Member

Aug 8, 2016
    looks like a copy

this game looks just like splish splash pong except with pixel graphics. I will try it out though.

10. Woodland Games

Aug 5, 2016
    Poland
    I looked at Splish Splash Pong and to be perfectly honest with you, I don't see how I Wanna Fly would be a copy. Thanks for wanting to try it out though, appreciate it :) hit me up with a PM if you'd like a code.

11. siemacieslak

siemacieslak Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Looks fantastic! When do you plan to release game?

12. CardMonster

CardMonster Active Member

Aug 10, 2016
  13. Woodland Games

Aug 5, 2016
    Poland

Thank you both! August 18 is the release date, just 8 days away (we're starting to get the pre-release anxiety ;) )!

14. siemacieslak

siemacieslak Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Thank you guys. So I'm waiting!

15. Woodland Games

Aug 5, 2016
    Poland
    Hey guys!

It's the weekend, so you might have some more time to play games. We wanted to share 5 codes with you cause of that, so you can get in on the fun early and try I Wanna Fly before the release. The codes are:

FNEKWPYPNNH9
    LMN3EY6JYT74
    H96R3XRRAELP
    YLH7YH6MY46X
    YEWJEWYHWENJ

Please let us and the others now if you've used one, and most importantly - have fun and have a great weekend!

16. Woodland Games

Aug 5, 2016
    Poland
    Hey guys!

The game's out! Follow THIS LINK for the official TouchArcade thread.