Universal Legend Dary: Classic - (by ParkPill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Park Pill, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Aww geez, this is embarassing! Seems I completely forgot that you need to swipe down to drop from certain platforms. That's why I couldn't reach that friggin key! I'm all good now!

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Ah, its like having my old friend back, thanks again for listening!

3. Park Pill

Park Pill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    At the top-right corner of the room that contains the key, there is a path blocked by thin platform that you can go through by dragging the screen. Hope can find it! :)

4. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Oh, you found it. Good! :D

5. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    I have nothing to do but listen. :p

6. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #186 poppichicken, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Wow, your "little game" just gets better and better.
    The latest update is fantastic. LOVE IT.

Each time you add new levels, whatever game I'm playing at the time is pushed aside in favour of playing this game!

I know I've said it before, but your level design skills are superb. Really cleverly thought out, making great use of whatever new feature you introduce each time. Hats off to you, sir.

But good lord level 56 is hard!!!
    Easily the most difficult level I've encountered so far in the game.
    It must have taken me around 25 attempts before I managed to find and collect all the stars and then finally defeat the level.
    The start of the level, where you climb up the towers that get higher and higher, and then have to navigate your way over those sparks... GRRRRR! And I love it!

In stark contrast, I 3-starred level 57 on my first attempt, and 58 on my third.

I can confidently say that this is now my favourite iOS platformer.
    Even the wonderful Shadow Blade (which came out last week) will now have to wait until I've finished this latest Legend Dary update!

Also, I've just pledged toward Legend Dary 2 on kickstarter (I'm your 2nd backer, it seems).
    I didn't realise that you're also an Aussie!

Good luck dude, I really hope that the KS works out for you. I hope other people realise what a great game this is, and contribute to the KS as well.

7. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Wow, this is a long and great review:) While reading your reply, I had check level 56,57 and 58 again. Thank you for great compliment. The level design got better when people said "it's too easy." and "it's bit difficult but love it". I was making it not to difficult so that anybody can play. But it turns out who loves platformer loves difficult levels. When I make it difficult, the level gets better.

You found the kick start project! It's difficult being indie developer. I am trying everything I can to survive as an indie game developer. Thank you for being my 2nd backer! :D

And really thank you for playing my little game!

8. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Hi there. Me again. :)

Thanks for the latest update - some nice new features.

However, I've noticed a strange little bug.
    The various "ogre"-style creatures (like the green ones on level 14) now drop less money than they used to. They don't seem to drop gold coins anywhere near as often as before the update.
    (Is this indeed a bug?) :confused:

9. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback.

Few players sent me e-mail that it is too easy for making coins especially that boss. With the rocket missile, the boss can be destroyed in 3 seconds. And gives you about little less than 100 coins each time. So I decide to take their advice. Now, it gives you about 100 coins at the first time, only. From the second time it only gives you about 10 coins.

Could you give me your thought on this issue?

10. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Are you talking about the first boss (the one that looks a bit like a hippo)?
    If so, yes it makes sense to reduce the coins that it drops.

I'm talking about the enemies in non-boss stages, that looks sort of ogre-ish.
    Level 14 has those blue dogs, and green ogres in it.
    The green ogres used to give more gold coins than they do now.

Did their coin drops change accidentally as part of reducing the boss' coin drops?

I'm not fussed, there are other places to farm money quite quickly.
    :D

11. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Ah, the enemies. Yes, I changes the gold coin chance. Now, I just reviewed my codes. And I realized that I made a few mistakes. I shouldn't be that less. I'm sorry about that. I will update those issue, later. But it will still be less than before.

If you had other places to make money, that's good. Good players should make much more money :D

12. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    #192 Mullet_Mcgee, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Comment deleted...

13. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    #193 Park Pill, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Sorry for that. It was a mistake that this version is released. It was only for Korean market. Now the updated version is online which is Not-Money-Hungry version. I'm sorry for the previous version.

14. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
  15. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Extra Promo codes

NYTN3Y3PT4P7
    YWKJL7XHFMTR
    X7J9TFLYTK49

Here are extra promo codes.

16. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Codes are expired...

17. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Sorry for that. Here are other new codes. Enjoy :)

ENFJH6JKHFHT
    WF67NA37YYYF
    TMMFLFAF9AXK
    AJPNTPRKFE6F
    RP3W4XM7KWX7

18. UnhappyUnlucky

I took ENFJH6JKHFHT. Thank u so much!

19. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    I took AJPNTPRKFE6F. Thanks, dunno how I missed this one!

Oh and TMMFLFAF9AXK was already taken.

20. UnhappyUnlucky

I just finished playing stage 1. I must say I'm really enjoying this. The graphics and music are retro as if it's a game made for the Super NES. There is a mech/vehicle in which you could drive that caused damage with its rapid succession of gunfire. The level design felt like a game made by a professional who knows his/her skill well. Overall, I was left with a smile on my face. The only negative so far is that the d-pad feels a bit to far apart on the Ipad. Maybe bring it a little closer. Anyone else feels the same playing on the Ipad?