RPGS for Ipad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by diegoz, Dec 26, 2010.

1. diegoz

diegoz Member

Dec 21, 2010
    I played Aralon on my Ipad, my frist RPG and was hooked so I was looking foreward to waiste my holidays downloading and playing more open world RPGs like that one, cool graphics, POW that is not from above with small characters etc. Well, after searching anything Mac for OW RPGs i found ... nothing besides Ravensword (only for Iphone).... can anybody suggest something?

2. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    More 8 bit old school rpg but Across Age is very good

3. JoeBlonde

JoeBlonde Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Try "Underworlds" or "Dink Smallwood".

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    you can kinda say graalonline era is an rpg mmo

5. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Try The Quest..not specifically for the Ipad, but scales up quite well.

6. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    As you mention Mac if you search closer you could find some good RPG with sort of over the shoulder view and relatively open worlds:
    • Dragon Age Origin but you'll need a top speed Mac to run it well and alas you'll not be able use other DLC those available at the initial release of the game.
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    • Borderlands (well not sure for this one as I never played it!)
    • GTA 1-3 series released in one pack, not really RPG but open world and story and action.
    • Neverwinter Night series and a bunch of user addon (not really open world and it's a team but you control directly only one character during the action and some user addon are more open)
    • Neverwinter Night 2 series but more particularly the extension Mask of the Betrayer (similar comment than for NWN1 but overall less user addon).

But on Mac I think you'll probably enjoy Eschalon Book series. It's not over the shoulder view but it's solo and quite open and with a little bit of effort it can capture you hard. Try Book I first and then Book II which is even better. It's really rude to start play Book 1 when you don't know the good tricks so if you find it too difficult try ask some help in forums of the developers.

7. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    (not sure if this is what you're looking for but just my 2 cents) I really like the way The Quest looks on the iPad in 2x. I personally believe it should just be released as universal cuz it looks so good the way it is and its a pretty long RPG... :)