Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Rafnel

Rafnel Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    This is a stunning game for .99 cents. It's good for pick up and play moments cause the missions are fast and the rpg elements like gear and powerups are sweet too.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #442 TheFrost, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    Agreed. Way better than the competence (except SCB). Cant wait for the new arena

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Any news on the update? Lots of great new platformers out recently but nothing beats Spellsword i always get back to playing it but not by that much anymore. The new map should rekindle that attachment gain. :D

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time. Get that!

5. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    It is very interesting game. I like this game.

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I just downloaded this and the pixel art is really something special here.

7. ooba

ooba Member

Jan 14, 2012
    This game joins Windup Knight on the "Games I should have brought earlier, but only tried out when they became free but turned out to be great!" list. Truly addictive!

8. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I knew this game and never think about it before-- there are so many games in app store.
    Yesterday I download it due to I find it's free when I checked this website. Great game...thank you developer;)

9. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #449 kioshi, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Game Impressions

This game is great (bought it at release, played it to death) but falls short of a 5-star game because of simple tweaks the dev could make:

1) The cheap deaths. Since it's hard to know you've been hit sometimes and there's no invulnerability period (not even half a sec), you can be at full health and die touching an enemy and only later realizing it. I got used to it but it could be better. Worse than the non-invul period is that when you get hit it's not very obvious.

2) Even on the iPad, sometimes you have to look hard where the card is, unlike Super Crate Box or Muffin Knight. They should add a 'glow' to them or something like that, they're tiny and hard to notice with all the chaos in the screen.

3) The invulnerability and light cards are the same color (to me). I never know which one is which, and that's bad because if I knew that 'the card over there' is the invul one, I could get it and not care if I'll land in the middle of a pack of enemies.

4) This is subjective and maybe my fault, but it doesn't happen to me in Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight (or other games like League of Evil). Even with customizable controls, for some reason I jump quite a bit when I wanna attack. Not sure there's some control problem, just throwing it out there to see if someone has the same issue.

I'd really like an update for some of these (althoug I find it unlikely) because with the RPG elements, this game is way more entertaining to me than Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight, the closest ones, while not being crazy hard like SCB neither easy like MK.

10. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Just like their other game, Terra Noctis, but without the BulkyPix garbage.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Any update on the update?

The GC still needs fixing. And the new map to get us playing this great game again!

12. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    The update is now being finished up with the update submitting hopefully today! After that, its all in Apples hands for approval.

The update adds the new map along with 60 new missions with more missions on the previous stages, along with new enemies and spell cards.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im liking what im reading. :D

14. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Oh please please plase change the color of the invulnerability card! It's the same as the light one to me, it really spoils some strategy since I dunno if I can get the card and land on monsters (because I don't know if it's the Light or the Invul one). And add some glow to the cards, I want to love this game even more :D

15. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    @everplay: heya, i already completed all the missions and my hero is level 55. however, i can't get through to level 20 in endless mode hard difficulty because the device just doesn't seem to be able to pull the weight of the game and crashes.. especially prone to hiccups whenever a poison card makes a lot of enemies die at the same time.

P.S. Excellent game.

16. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    So it's been 5 days now. Did you submit the update to Apple? Any expected ETA?

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It can take up to 14 days for Apple to approve...

Patience...

18. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Waiting for the update too.
    And really looking forward to more screens and info on your upcoming Platformer, Spellsword meets Terra Noctis sounds awesome!

19. AlpacaLips

AlpacaLips Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Podcast/iPod support!

Ditto. I love this game, but any game that doesn't allow me to listen to podcasts while playing ends up neglected or even deleted.

20. AlpacaLips

AlpacaLips Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Ditto. I still haven't figured out what potions do.