Autumn Dynasty Universal - iOS RTS (Due: 13 Dec 2012)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fernfreak, Dec 2, 2012.

1. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    #1 fernfreak, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Hi everyone! :)

I'm Travis, one of the devs on Autumn Dynasty. We've been a little quiet for awhile, but that's because we've been working on an all-iOS universal version of the game!

We've worked hard to redesign the user interface from the ground up to accommodate smaller screens, as well as make it universal for iPads, iPhones and iPod touches. Matches between iPads and iPhones are now possible, and mostly fair-- depending on skill level. :) We've also added a new instant action Blitz mode which I hope you might enjoy!

Those who already own the game will receive the universal version for free, and we're working with Bulkypix to do a price drop on launch day. If you're thinking of getting it, you might want to wait for the day itself (13th Dec) to make a purchase. No in-app purchases on this one. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AUTUMN DYNASTY
    --------------------
    - Full Real-Time Strategy experience: train units, construct buildings, research upgrades
    - Intuitive gesture controls: Paint orders directly onto the battle map
    - Beautiful, oriental style painted maps: Thousands of soldiers fighting onscreen
    - Universal Multiplayer across iOS devices: iPad vs iPhone vs iPod Touch over Bluetooth and Internet
    - Voice chat and Gamecenter Achievements
    - Unlock unique special abilities to turn the tide of battle
    - New instant action Blitz mode!

On iTunes: http://bit.ly/KcBrZN (iPad only until 13th Dec)

2. EnterNexus

EnterNexus Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    That is great, have been waiting forever to get this game. The screenshot shows iPhone 5 support obviously, but what about previous devices?

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I just bought this last week when I got my new ipad and its a brilliant rts. I haven't even finished the story mode yet but it's the controls and graphics that are brilliant.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am excited about checking this ot on my iPod; thanks for making it universal!

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hope it works on touch 4g I heard this was one of the best

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    This will be amazing on my new ip5 haha! Great!

7. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I can't wait. I've been waiting and hoping this would be universal. Day one purchase from this guy.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    One of the iPad releases I have been waiting the longest and hardest to see ported. Together with the already released Bastion, the possibility of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for smaller screens, and the long-lost promise of the Aquaria devs to consider an iPhone port, all I really need to to not have to glare in jealousy at iPad owners is for Jeff Vogel to follow the example of all these great, and above all, progressive devs.

9. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    @EnterNexus: We've been working hard to make it compatible with previous devices-- the old ones have different maximum texture sizes. We've tested it on the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 4G. :)

@oooooomonkey: Thanks! We really appreciate it! :)

@bramblett05: Yes, it does work on an iPod touch! In the video, the white device 0:33 is a Touch 4G.

10. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Just as an update, here's a brief preview of the new Blitz mode, which allows players to skip the buildup and get into the action more quickly! :)

11. NoisyNinja

NoisyNinja Member

Sep 12, 2012
    this is my goty hands down and the best rts on ios. im still playing this game. we need more of this. keep up the good work :)

12. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Thank you very much!

For the people who didn't have the chance to play it so far, we organized a contest via Twitter to try to win the game until the update's release next Thursday: http://competwition.com/autumndynasty

Spread the word!

13. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Christmas Break

Dang . . . There goes my Christmas Break. Any word on whether the 4th Gen iPod Touch will be supported? I remember reading that the original iPad is supported. Here's hoping!

14. gamedboy

gamedboy Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    The 4th Gen iPod Touch is supported Cheers! :D

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Applied for the twitter contest. Thank you for chance at a promo.

16. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    As it stands, the chance of actually winning a copy from that contest is higher than 20%...

17. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    !!!! Awesome B-)

18. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Just for the record, I actually bought this game even though I still don't own an iPad. It looked and sounded that good :D Stoked to be able to play it, and do plan on eventually getting an iPad . . .

19. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    I have already have my copy, it was a good buy, but being as stingy as I am with my money I would recommend waiting for the discounted price at launch.

AND in the meanwhile there are only 153 people in the "Competwition" that's giving away 30 free copies. Ends in less than 2 days too.

20. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I'm curious - is this game similar to any other established RTS games? Obviously the art style is pretty unique, but do the mechanics/gameplay compare to other RTSs?

I'm also curious to see how well this translates to the mini-screen. It looks like playing will be manageable, but nowhere near as fluid as the iPad's 10 inch screen.