Modren combat 3 VS N.O.V.A. 3

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by breender, May 12, 2012.

1. breender

breender Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Hi guys I am looking for add a FPS game to my new ipad and can't decide between MC3 and NOVA3, can someone plase tell me the defferent between these two games, for both single player and muti player? Also, which one have better control and graphic?

2. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    No more like call of duty and halo.

3. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Nova 3 is pretty is fast paced and Mc3 is kinda slow. I think modern combat controls a bit better and has less slow downs/lag. It's kinda a tie in the graphics department. I personally am liking nova 3 at the moment and I think it's a lot less boring then modern combat is. But that's just my opinion...

4. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Modern Combat 3's singleplayer mode is better meanwhile NOVA 3's multiplayer mode is better.
    In fact NOVA 3 is a different game with NOVA 2, driving vehicle in the multiplayer map is good. But where have the super jump platform and space portal gone? And not forget the HP,full damage and double jump buff you can get in NOVA 2's multiplayer map.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    ^

Dafuq are you saying?!?! First of all, MC3 is more fast paced, because maps are smaller and there are equal amount of people on a room than in Nova 3. The guns also kill faster than ehem first assault rifle on Nova 3. Second, Modern Combat 3's controls are milestones better than Nova 3's... There's basically FULL customization from making bigger or smaller to moving everything, that's what I hate about Nova 3, guess I'm spoiled. :p Third, graphics are not tied between them, nova has better except maybe on iPod where they took a lot of effects off. And finally, imo MC3 is not boring, quite the opposite, but it comes down to preference. Realistic vs. Futuristic although mc is not that realistic...

Multiplayer is not really better on Nova 3, I mean sure there are vehicles, but the maps are so big that it takes ages to find someone often. Of course it's still mad fun on Nova 3 too. Nova 2 I can't comment on, foudn that incredibly boring.

Anyway, just think which one you'd enjoy more, because both are very good shooters. For me, it's MC3 simply cause I am a lot better at it than Nova 3 :p

6. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Mc3 is very fast paced. I beat Campaign very easily. In nova I haven't tried it. Nova 3 is very futuristic in multiplayer with jet packs .which are ridiculously priced) and the assault rifle in nova 3 sucks. In modern combat 3 you can do very good even if your level one with the bravel 1. I'm level 66 in mc3 and I sometimes use it. In nova it's a different story. You can't pick up a gun and be good. You gotta practice. I'm not that good with the assault rifle. Becuase it sucks. But multiplayer is more fun in mc3.

Sorry for the length.

7. Jordanbuzz

Dec 31, 2011
    I agree with you.

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I would get N.O.V.A. 3.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yep. First assault rifle is ridicilously bad unlike Bravel-1 which actually is a very powerful gun.

Personal preferences.

10. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Although yes, it does take nearly a full clip to kill someone on nova 3, I get 20 kills a game and under 5 deaths. Although now with the hackers I get like 15 kills 15 deaths... :(

11. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    How do the amount of kills compare to NOVA 2? Because I know in NOVA 2 you can easily get kill chains of over 25 with a mix of any of the weapons.

Otherwise, I might hold off and stick with MC3..

12. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I can get easy kill chains if I'm camping and the opponent isn't smart. I got 10 or more in a row actually. :D but on nova 2, it was really easy to get kills. With the guns in nova 3 it takes ages to kill someone. Also the hog (vehicle) is terrible if someone is shooting, but is basically cheating if you just drive around. I got a 20 kill chain just by driving around and splattering everyone.

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah the gun was supposed to be the killee, but really the one driving is getting the kills.

Well with your device, you'd do better in Nova 3 than most people. iPad 2 and iPhone 4S has biggest advantage over other devices.

14. Jordanbuzz

Dec 31, 2011
    I just bought the plasma gun because I was sick of the rifle. It is much better. Once you get that you can do ok. It is quicker to kill someone with it

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    If you like Multiplayer, you should choose MC3, but if you like the challenge while playing single mode, I think that you should choose NOVA3.

16. breender

breender Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks for the advice.. just like to ask.. are there any co-op mode?

17. breender

breender Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Since someone mention about it.. how bad is the hacker problem?

18. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    And how bad do they hack + how common? NOCA 2 has occasional RPG hackers, but apart from that, not much. I'd hate to see hacked mechs going everywhere :/

19. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Tbh I can't distinguish who's a hacker and who isn't. Because as I said, the starting gun takes like a full clip, but some kill me with about 10 bullets.

20. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Just answer yourself two questions:
    Do you prefer a realistic setting or a futuristic one?
    Do you like to kill / to be killed by a few hits or do you like a "shield-system"?

Then you know what to buy.
    (btw you'll probably ending up getting both ;)