Announcing The Adventures of timmy: Run, Kitty, Run

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CB Labs, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CB Labs

CB Labs Active Member

Aug 12, 2011
    #1 CB Labs, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    Timmy is the new kid in town and his shyness makes it hard for him to make friends. What's worse is that the cat costume he wears makes him a good target for bullies. When the prettiest girl at school tries to befriend him she gets taken by the school bully Mitch. Timmy must use his imagination to summon all of his strength to climb up to Mitch's Tree House and save her. Can you help Timmy rescue the girl of his dreams, and discover the secret of his cat costume?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #2 arta, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I'd love to beta test your game. It sounds intriguing.

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm definitely interested in participating in your beta. Let me know if you'd like me to. :)

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I'm interested in the beta.

I'm curious about the devs comments on control schemes. What iOS platformers have you guys played?

6. CB Labs

CB Labs Active Member

Aug 12, 2011
    We'd love to have you guys! Send me a private message with your emails and I'll get in touch with you.

We've played a ton of the iOS platformers before starting this one, but what we really wanted to capture was the simplicity of gameplay of the original Mario games.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sounds great. Please use touch controls not tilt and have a back button ;)

8. CB Labs

CB Labs Active Member

Aug 12, 2011
    You'll only know what we do if you join the beta ;)

9. Re_Create_Ent

Re_Create_Ent Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Nice interview, it's always cool to see the guys behind the keyboards or the drawing boards. Good luck with the app!

10. CB Labs

CB Labs Active Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Thanks! We're trying to keep a human face on things. Also just added some screen shots, let me know what you guys think!

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Loving the looks of those screens (wall-jumping)!

I hope guys have the responsiveness of the controls down. I know you said you have played other iOS platformers, but have you played League of Evil, Robot Wants Kitty and Elemental Rage specifically? Right now that's the standard to beat when it comes to handling. :)

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Screenshots look awesome! I really hope you pick me for beta!

13. CB Labs

CB Labs Active Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Yes we've played League of Evil, yes we've played Robot Wants Kitty, and yes we've played Elemental Rage. Heck, we even brought in Super Meat Boy for research. And we agree: those definitely set the bar for controls for platformers. Honestly though, we think this rivals or even betters those. Hopefully when you test it you'll let us know how you think we did. We're kinda biased . . .

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Glad to hear you've those actually played those games and that you're not operating in a vacuum. :) There've been a lot of pretty platformers out there that simply failed when it came to proper handling. I'll be glad to get a couple more people on board to beta test.

I noticed there's no action buttons in the screens. Is this by gameplay design?

15. CB Labs

CB Labs Active Member

Aug 12, 2011
    It was intentional. We wanted to keep the interface smooth and not too distracting. The only action button is tapping your right thumb to jump.

We'd love to have more people on board for the beta, we have a few more spots left!

16. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    ill join, but i might go away next week. but im not sure...

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I sent a PM. Are you still taking applications that way or do we have to email directly?

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I sent a pm already :)

19. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    A new game to watch for me, looks awesome. Best wishes for your game

20. CB Labs

CB Labs Active Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Sorry guys, I know I haven't responded to the PM's. #fail. You'll be getting an email from me today about the next steps.

Thanks Frost! We're stoked about it. Also guys, we're looking to have new content up sometime in the next week or so. Stay tuned . . .