Which is the Best Baseball Games on the iTunes Store ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by quebecotr, Jul 12, 2010.

1. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'd like to get a really good baseball game for my iPad. Can anyone recommend a good game for arcade play, and a good game for a more realistic experience ?

Thanks much for amy input !

Guy

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Not the best person to field this question, but I can recommend Homerun Battle 3D and 9 Innings.

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    flick baseball pro

4. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    What? :eek:
    They serve games in the iTunes store?

Look around 'Guy'
    No spoon feeding :p

5. Sevendust

Sevendust Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    GA
    I am a huge baseball fan, so I would know!
    Arcade Style: 9 Innings Pro Baseball 2011

Realistic: MLB World Series 2010 (I hate this game because of controls and graphics, but it has real MLB player names and teams)

Arcade Realistic: Flick Baseball Pro (Most fun game! MLBPA but still a great game!)

6. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I have Flick Baseball and 9 innings.

Homerun 3D dominates those in funness and replayability

7. quebecotr

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well....Yeah!!!

Ya know...I did look around. And since every game seems to have god and bad reviews on the App Store, I thought I would pick the brains of our forum members, since they seem to me to be the best informed lot on the web.

When in doubt, my boy, go to the experts !!! :D

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Baseball Superstars 10. :cool:

9. quebecotr

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    More impressions

Hey, Godson,

That's one of the games I'v been looking at. Tried the lite version and liked it. What's your favorite part of the game ? Have you noticed any issues with OS4?

Thanks for the help!

10. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    #10 AttackOfThePwned, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    Depends on what you are specifically looking for in game play. My suggestions are you should look into...

Arcade: Homerun Battle 3D
    Role Playing: Baseball Superstars 2010
    Simulation: MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 & MLB World Series 2010

...in that order. The weakest of the four is MLB World Series 2010. IMHO there isn't a really good simulation baseball game in the app store yet but MLB Power Pros does a decent job but with cartoon character graphics. The first two I mentioned get regular play on my device and HRB3D is one of the best online multi-player implementations I've played to date (meaning sheer fun/excitement).

For pure team customization I will mention Flick Baseball Pro but it is very rough around the edges and is an arcade style baseball game that doesn't match HRB3D as far as fun factor but allows you to play full nine inning games and seasons and playoffs (no stat tracking though).

11. Andgut

Andgut Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    canada
    Baseball Superstars 2010 by far

12. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I have 9 Innings (the old version) and tried Baseball Superstars lite. Personally, I prefer 9 Innings by a long shot. I like the gameplay, graphics, and variety of modes(single game, playoffs, season, home run derby.) It does have flaws of course- way to many errors and annoying ones to boot (it would be nice to have the infield fly rule incorporated so dropped infield flys don't become easy double plays), more teams, the AI seems to pull miraculous 8th or 9th inning comebacks especially in tournament mode. I once took an 8-0 run lead into the ninth and lost with two outs but I've been ahead many times with 5+ runs and lost at the end. Even with the faults I still find the game enjoyable.

I didn't like Baseball Superstars because it was too arcade-like and I really disliked the special characters. I'm not after a hyper-realistic game, but I don't want a game that strays as far as Baseball Superstars does.