Released a Zombie Shooter 3D on iOS - any feedback will be appreciated!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by cobaltplay1, Apr 27, 2016.

1. cobaltplay1

cobaltplay1 Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Hi Guys!

We released our 1st Zombie Sniper 3D game on iOS.

1024ico.jpg

Still a lot to be improved we know but this is a new step for us. We didn't do much 3D before. So we kept this zombie one very simple. Endless killing with a sniper gun.

9601.jpg 9603.jpg

For next game we want a Boss Killing Game - which is under development.

I have seen these days downloads are super hard to get. For android it's so tough which is close to impossible lol. We have some 3D games on Android but dying to get some visibility :(

This zombie game is also live on amazon and android. And basically April sucks :( --- Downloads gone down horribly.

Anyways - i would love to get some feedback points from you guys! Any kind of suggestions will be truly appreciated!

Happy Developing :)
    Cheers!

2. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Hey cobaltplay1,

what type of feedback are you looking for? Design? FTUE? Monetization implementation?

Or would you perhaps like to discuss ways of getting exposure for your game? I'm asking since you're saying that it's very tough out there. I'm not saying it isn't, but where there is will, there is a way :p. For example, a strong media story can help you tremendously.

3. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    The mobile market is very competitive and very congested.

Your games really need to be very impactful visually to standout as well as strong gameplay.

To me, 3D is very difficult to play on mobile - mostly because touch screen controls are not '3D friendly'. I think that's why there's a lot of games that are either 2d or top down.

Continue to practice. It takes a lot nowadays to find any success, I've personally had many failed attempts ;) Take a neutral perspective on your games and look at more successful ones like Dead Trigger or Zombie Frontier 3. Don't give up but these games are very advanced when it come to graphics. 3D games seem to have larger and very talented teams.

Good luck

4. cobaltplay1

cobaltplay1 Member

Nov 30, 2015
    @LunaMay - Thanks for the quick follow up. I am basically worried about getting exposure. As i said it's very tough out there. And when you are talking about getting users attention or involvement u need to consider the issues you've mentioned. Like game design, theme, goal, target etc. I agree on the proverb u said. But i am not fully aware of media story what you have mentioned. If you could explain a bit it would be awesome.

Thanks for the advice again :)

Cheers

5. cobaltplay1

cobaltplay1 Member

Nov 30, 2015
    @TouchiMedia - Thanks for the valuable advice. I do agree with your points.

"Your games really need to be very impactful visually to standout as well as strong gameplay."

I agree. But as an indie developer it's often very difficult to do some outstanding games. Not talking about the hard work or efforts of months. What I am saying that after working months on a game when u see 3/4 downloads a day that won't make you satisfied at all even you think your game is excellent or something. And also when u will see another shitty game is getting way more downloads than you - well u can just make your eyes bigger and say wow! lol.

"To me, 3D is very difficult to play on mobile - mostly because touch screen controls are not '3D friendly'. I think that's why there's a lot of games that are either 2d or top down."

Completely agreed. But at the same time there are lots of 3D games nowadays even you've mentioned some.I am looking more into the Samsung VR now to see how they do. Because personally i think that's kind of innovative and interesting discovery in game industry. It also feels great playing a game and seeing the world around you. But also that depends on Samsung how they can market and manage to take lead in the industry.

About the last point - yes we will be trying to improve our quality. That's just the start. And personally i think in these recent days in mobile game market the best approach is to spread the business risks so that you always have options in hand. Don't just depend on one particular store unless u have loads of budget.

Anyways lots of thanks to you guys for leaving your thoughts along with some valuable feedback points :).

Awesome! Catch up later.

Happy Developing
    Cheers

6. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    #6 LunaMay, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    I thought you might be worrying about exposure the most :). So let me elaborate on media story and I will try to make it brief :D.

This might differ from developer to developer, but generally when you are evaluating market feasibility for your new game concept, you are going to analyze your competitors - for the purpose of this explanation, let's say you'll use a simple SWOT analysis.

This analysis will provide you among other insights with the list of opportunities. Such as making your game with sleeker UI or focusing on lightning fast load times. These insights could be yours USPs (unique selling points), but that's not something that would persuade editors to write about your game, since it will still be one game amongst thousands.

On the other hand, you could have discovered, that your competitors are focused too much on shooting zombies, so you could have thought: "What if gamers could shoot anyone just by choosing their picture from photo gallery."

And that's an opportunity, turned into USP and elevated into media story. Be the first 3D mobile shooter, that lets you shoot your own worst enemy, mother in law or that pesky neighbor.

Hey, I would play it even if it would look horrendous - that's how much power would that pure media story have over me! :D

7. cobaltplay1

cobaltplay1 Member

Nov 30, 2015
    #7 cobaltplay1, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Great explanation in brief (though it didn't look like a brief to me at all) :D --- So now i got what media story is and how it affects. Thanks for the valuable insights. I personally liked the point about SWOT analysis. Because I have not done it for any of my games although i kept that knowledge inside my brain sincerely since I left my University and that is super lol. :p

I do appreciate your insights into this gaming thing. It'll be awesome if you would give me a license to disturb you sometimes :p. Anyways thanks again for all these. It all made a clear sense to me.

I will let you know what I can come up with next time and also as I said - I would like to be a pesky neighbor :p

Catch up later
    Good Day!

8. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    When I'm trying to explain some things to people I like to put them into a context. And sure, if you would like some quick opinion or random marketing related advice, I'll gladly help you out.

But to be honest, I would prefer you asking here on Touch Arcade, so other developers could also possibly benefit from it. If I'm going to help out, why not strive for the most impactful and positive effect possible. :)

PS: Please, don't ask me to help you out with marketing strategy, I'm just writing one (to the point without filler content) and I'm only half way through (page 24). Aaaawwwhhh!! *dead*

9. cobaltplay1

cobaltplay1 Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Hahaha nice one - yeah when I said I would like to give u a little pain i meant only in TA. About the marketing tips - don't worry at all - I will ask for your help again and again :p (Didn't notice what u said there :D)

btw All the best for the rest half way :cool:

Great to have some feedback anyways.

Talk soon
    Cheers