The best app for notes on the iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by frances2art, Apr 22, 2013.

1. frances2art

frances2art New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Hello I have new iPad mini and I'd like to ask you for tips on paid or unpaid notes application. Classic apple notes do not satisfy me so there arent clear categorization and function that would appreciate such as creating notes at school or writing long documents. Evernote is too complicated and iWork is too expensive, you can send me some alternatives?

Another question is on you, what features you like from notes editor you would expect (there is no app with this function and features).

I'm very glad for your tips and look forward to them.

Thank you Regards Frances

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Note Anytime and ePaper are good for making hand writing notes.
    Notepad is an easy note app to be used, you can lock (protect) your note too.
    Super note is quite good, you can divide your notes into specific categories and record your voice too.

3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I personally use Evernote for most of my notes cause its free, and mainly cause its cross platform. I do most of my editing in front of the PC at work...but like how I can take sync and take the notes with me. The main negative is the text formatting. Sometimes its really difficult to get the formatting consistent. I read somewhere about how Evernote formats, but its something Evernote controls.

I don't take any handwritten notes, but I have GoodNotes and Notability for just in case, and both feels fine in the few minutes I had it. GoodNotes seem to handle PDF's closer to how I like, minus inability to follow links.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I've tried typing and writing. For me, writing gets the job done for work or jotting down messages from the pulpit.

Noteshelf

Alupen

5. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I use Evernote for the same reasons (and have had the same issue with formatting, but it's never been a big deal for me). The synching is great, and the actual text editor/program for the PC is very nice. I have it on both my iPad Mini and my iPhone, it's the only note-taking app I use (except for when I'm lazy & just use the Apple's default one).

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If Evernote is too complicated, then use Simplenote. It has the features you asked for, but from my usage, I suspect it uses core data so I stopped using it, as you know the issues commonly caused by that...

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I'm very happy with Notebook. Plain text notes with categories that sync online with the Toodledo website so my iPhone and iPad stay in sync and I can edit them on my computer through the website.

Everything I want and nothing I don't want.