Survivor Morads LIVE on iTunes for FREE

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ns804apps, Jun 11, 2013.

1. ns804apps

ns804apps Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Hey everyone I have jumped in and out of here for a year or so and i finally have my first app to iTunes it is FREE so if any of you could download it and try it out, it is a simple evade style game, but I cannot seem to put it down nor can any of my friends kids. It plays better on the iPad, but I have played it on the iPhone as well..

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/survivormorads/id657419163?mt=8

If you like the game please review it, and share with your friends. If not let me know what you would like to see different as we are working on an update and 5 other games.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your feedback.

2. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    I thought I would post data on download numbers to everyone, day one is in the books we got around 200 downloads, with little marketing effort this one snuck up on us it flew through review.

3. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    I spoke to soon my downloads was 350 day one and still going today, not monster numbers but if we can keep it going and maybe get a review or two for a spike that would be great.

4. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Updated data we passed 1000 downloads yesterday and reached top 500 in several categories. If you get a chance check it out and write a review.

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I'll be honest.
    Its not a keeper for me.
    But, it works pretty good.
    The hit box is very good, at no time did I feel as if it was bigger than the charecter.
    Moving around was easy enough.
    The handler is a nice idea, works well and the charecter moves quick.
    It does work, but its so sparse.
    This is a pure score game, and I respect that.
    My time with was boring, altough more of seeing that more could be done.
    Theres no animation for the character.
    It works. But thats the best I can say since theres nit much more.

6. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Saansilt thanks for the feedback we are working on an update now to add some more in depth features to the game. I appreciate your feedback that it runs smooth etc.. That really is appreciated that you took the time. The game was designed to be a quick play and more of something you use to pass the time rather than an in depth game experience. We now are going to tweak by adding some power ups and score multipliers as well as coin collection features to enhance the game play. I am shooting for next week to have it all done and to iTunes.. It still has decent downloads daily 25-75 and averages 20-80 daily players. Not huge but something to work with and build upon.

7. StapleEraser

StapleEraser New Member

Jun 21, 2013
    If you animate the model to reflect which direction the user is taking him, I think that improves the game immediately by giving the player a sense of the character's weight thereby differentiating it from other characters of the same kind. Also, is there a way to make it so that the user can just drag the character by actually dragging the character and not the odd multi-direction icon below him?

8. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Staple eraser thanks for the feedback, we are working on the animation part but have not figured out the best way yet as the character goes spastic when you get moving fast it looks horrible. We originally had the user drag the character around the board, the issue we had was once we for the character to a size that the user could see the game tile options were extremely limited so the fix was the directional below the character. I am working on a video tutorial the will be linked to the game as I felt our tutorial was weak. We rushed an update to iTunes that is there now fixing a few bugs we did not find during testing..

Thank you for looking at the game, I am going to work on the character animation more.

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Keep on going dude, Even tough I had issuses it has the fun in there. Will redownload later and see how it goes.

10. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks we dialed down the difficulty and fixed some bugs the update is in review now, we have a second update that we hope to finalize by Friday which should add some boosters, score multipliers and other enhance,nets as well as an in app coin currency that you will be able to pick up while avoiding the objects. I am debating animating the Morad to dance as that seems to be an easier solution to the no animation, but honestly downloads are low now about 15-25 a day so I am not sure about putting the time into the animation of the character versus getting back on 1 of our other 5 games we are working on..

What do you think about a dancing Morad?

11. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Just released a new update changing difficulty and making preparations for the addition on in app currency and power ups.

Let us know what you think.

12. Trafalgar_Sage

Trafalgar_Sage Active Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Haha,your game is fun.

Dancing is better than no animation, but how about make he make some scared animation when the object come close to him.

13. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    I like that suggestion Thank You I will work on that and see if I can figure it out..

14. ns804apps

Nov 19, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Hey everyone we have been working hard on updates and have added many things like power ups, coins to collect, Game Center achievements, score and coin multipliers as well as social sharing rewards.

If you could it is free and we would love some feedback.