*(un)Official* Aralon help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    What's in store for Aralon?

I bought Aralon the day it came out and I immediately played through it... twice. I still think it's one of the best games to ever come out for iOS.

I haven't followed its development since those two playthroughs. Have the devs said what's in store for Aralon?

I said I would only play it again when they add all those achievements to GameCenter or until they add some new content, etc. I'm really looking forward to hearing if anything is planned for it...

2. Wookiewok

Wookiewok New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Lock picking

Which skill allows a warrior to pick locks?

3. EaglesFan78

EaglesFan78 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    You have it. It's called bash lock.

4. KTVenkelos

KTVenkelos New Member

Aug 26, 2011
    How to use Weapon abilities

Perhaps a simple question, but I can not seem to figure out how to use weapon abilities (i.e. Life Drain). I'm sure it is sth obvious but havent been able to figure out how to link the ability to use it on demand.

Many thanks in advance.

KT

5. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Hey guys, what are different types of pets in the game? Any ones that you think are super cool?

6. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    Does anyone else found the Paladin really strong? I played my ranger up to level 25 normal, decided to give it a try on the Pally, the character just bash and kill everything so easily that I restarted on hard.

Even on hard from level one the Pally totally own, anyone else share the same experience?

7. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    What skills did you level up and have in your action bar?

8. KTVenkelos

KTVenkelos New Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Paladin

I agree - the Paladin has a ton of stunning skills to spam - it hardly seemed fair to the critters :). The Ranger was definitely more challenging in comparison for me as well.

9. Romeo Longsword

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    Only Judgment on the skillbar, and the rest of the skills point have gone to divine favor and I gave 1 to the skill that heals you. But I only ever used the healing skill once and that was just to see it in action, the Pally really don't need it it's so tough.

@ KTVenkelos Yea my first character is a Ranger, I gone back to playing it now, Pally too strong, I can take on high level mods in hard difficulty where it would be impossible or very hard with any other classes.

10. Haoulelouch

Haoulelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    #1210 Haoulelouch, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    does anyone get this glitch?

I have tried to go to the icy part of the outlands (way north of the outlands at the mountain pass) without starting the icefang quest yet but the game always crashes there. I have googled this and apparently you can get crashes in quest-assigned areas if you havent been given the quest yet (the example given on the other website is the ogre fortress). is this true? admittedly I am running Aralon on an itouch 2g and it sometimes crashes.

I'm wondering what's the best weapon/armour for paladins and where can I get them? (since I don't want to use my runes on my current equipment as I fear they might not be the best ones) right now I'm lvl 36 using everkeen blade (power 104, speed 1.7) dropped from the ancient vampire, my armour are all 'superb' ones.

some feedback:

overall a very good game, plenty of side quests and the main storyline seems to be quite interesting. a reasonably large world to explore and I imagine the graphics would be very good on a better device. the combat and quest system seem to heavily resemble world of warcraft but I don't think that's a bad thing. this game certainly beats all bar maybe 1 iphone RPG games I've played so far, and it certainly beats all the gameloft crap.

just one but important flaw:
    the game is strange in that areas you are meant to explore 'later' in the main storyline are not blocked off before you actually get there in the storyline. for example, I could theoretically start a new character, level to lvl30s by training on various monsters then go straight to valemar's keep and kill lord valemar as well as rescue gorak (yes he would be there I checked) before even talking to gorak (the one in the palace) or darius once. clearly the game should not allow this to happen and I actually made the mistake I illustrated above, luckily I saved the game before entering valemar's keep and did some googling to find out about this glitch (I did think it was strange how my character exclaimed he found his father's killer so rather quickly), otherwise I may have had to restart the game to complete the main storyline.

11. KTVenkelos

KTVenkelos New Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Groundhog Day (lack of monster 'refresh')

Has anyone else had the issue where monsters will reload, but are stuck in a single configuration? I.e. The vampire used to generate random drops for me, but now drops only the same two items (and the exact same amt of gold) each time i approach - so grinding the creature no longer generates random drops. I had this happen another timewith a prior character with ruffians in callaheim...

12. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Does anyone know if the Rogue IAP Weapon (Bloodstealer) is that good? 800+ karma.... compared too the 100'ish other class weapons...eeeek.

13. Romeo Longsword

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    The game is not that hard where you need to buy items with real money.

14. Turpulus

Turpulus Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I beat Merificus and spoke to Darius. Now what?

Where is the next main quest? Darius just stands there and tells me more about my father and Merificus. Did I beat the game? Is there an ending? What do I do next? Where is the next main quest? Help please!

15. TimeWaster2

TimeWaster2 Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Do I get to use "Cannot Use" items eventually?

I've picked up a lot of items I've been saving that say "Cannot Use". Why can't I use them? Will I get to use them eventually (like when I reach a certain level or ability?) or should I sell them when I get the chance?
    Thanks.

16. EaglesFan78

EaglesFan78 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    You can't. If you are a ranger, you can only use bows and blades, not axes or daggers

17. Young Wolf

Young Wolf New Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Killing Ancient Lich

Ì've looked through this thread and so far I've only seen how to kill him as a warrior or a rogue. Could someone please tell me how to kill him as a ranger?
    Thanks in advance.:D

18. Yoshi2k

Yoshi2k New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    I have extreme problems killing the witch Anaya. Does anybody of you have a tip for me? I'm a paladin. Thanks!

19. Zrikk

Zrikk Active Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I killed him when I was level 26 Ranger used power attack 2 and lightning 2, stun him then power attack, rinse and repeat till he dies.

20. Romeo Longsword

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    She is level 26, if you are closer to her level, you should find your usual judgement level 1, then Judgement level 2, then stun attack that knocks her down, repeat; works.

If you find yourself miss her a lot, the only way is to pull your character level closer to hers (26).