Snow Siege by Milkbag Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Mar 25, 2013.

1. OTrain13

OTrain13 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Co-founder, Milkbag Games
    Canada
    Hi guys, I'm Owen Goss, working together with Matt Rix on Snow Siege. Thanks for starting this thread.

Just wanted to say how excited we are to be able to start showing you the game! If you have questions, I'll try to answer the ones I can. ;)

Owen

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Ooh ooh pick me, pick me!

Is the main Play mode an endless onslaught, or does it end after a certain amount of levels?

3. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    First off, I want to say that the game is still in a pre-alpha state, meaning the game design is still in flux, and anything I say could change completely before the game is done. :D

What you saw in the video is Snow Siege's main game mode, which is an endless mode. However, we are planning additional challenges that can be completed. But, I don't want to say too much more about that right now as we're still working on the details. ;)

O.

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Thanks for the reply. :) You've already got yourself a customer right here. Best of luck on the project!

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    This game looks incredible, I was honestly shocked when I heard in the video that it was early into development.

Oh, and I have one suggestion I would also love to see a version of "Foil" or "Holographic" cards boasting special abilities compared to their regular counterparts.

6. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks! :)

Thanks! We've been working on this concept for about two months, but like Matt said in the video, the game actually started as a basketball game a couple of months before that. So it has been evolving into this for a while. :D

Foil cards are something we've talked about, but haven't decided on yet. Both Matt and I have played physical CCGs quite a bit (Matt is a big fan of Magic, and I played an extensive amount of the Star Wars CCG back in the day), so we're looking to take some of our favourite things and incorporating them in the game, as long as they make sense for our game. We'll have to see.

We do have a plan for introducing some special cards that have to be earned in the game (that don't appear in booster packs)...but more on that later. ;)

One of the things we're really focusing on is balancing the game so that lots of different deck strategies will be effective in different ways. We'd really like the game to allow for lots of creativity in terms of how you build your decks and what strategies you employ. For example, some people might want to focus on cannon turrets and shooting enemies, while others might want to build elaborate forts that are built to collapse and crush enemies. We're excited about the potential we're seeing with the decks already, and we still have lots to add. :)

O.

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Will there be a way to trade specfic cards with friends or have you already ruled that idea out?

8. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    We haven't ruled it out yet, but it's not something we're sure we can do. We like the idea of allowing trading, but we need to investigate the technical implications of it.

O.

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Is this coming anytime soon?

10. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    We are still working on Snow Siege. :) The game has changed (for the better) quite a bit since TouchArcade wrote up the game at GDC, but it's not quite done yet.

Matt and I have also taken a little break from working on it to work on a new game, but we do plan on getting back to Snow Siege to finish it. :)

Owen

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Cool cool cool. Still looking forward to this one!