The TouchArcade BBM Group

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Oct 24, 2013.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    So I decided to start one... why not?
    Post your pins if you'd like an invite to the group on BBM.

Cheers!

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You cannot post PINS, as it's a private thing to give out. You must PM them. Not sure about rules for TA. But why so much hype of BBM? watsapp is better, so is other alternatives, too late for BBM/RIM

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Doesn't WhatsApp require a phone number? A lot of people use Kik for that reason, but I don't think it's available on Android.

What's the difference between sharing a BBM PIN and a Game Center username?

4. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This is more of a chat room / group that anyone can participate in and out of at any given time. There's a 'Groups' section within the application (which I don't believe WhatsApp has) which manages which group chats you're a part of.

Yes, one of the big differences between BBM and WA is the former lets you freely distribute your pin without having to share a phone number... it's tied with an email account. Hence, people share this pretty freely.

For a better understanding, feel free go through the list of groups people create on Crackberry.com: http://forums.crackberry.com/discover-bbm-groups-f159/

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Thank you so much toucharcade team. I was waiting this app. Its really great user friendly and smooth. /s

I think blackberrys done I'm keeping to whatsapp from what I've read BBM is a battery hog.