Release ONE App with different Title (localized/translated) for different countries?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by matador1978, May 30, 2012.

1. matador1978

matador1978 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Hi everybody,

I was wondering whether it is possible to do the following:

Release one App with different Title (localized/translated) for different countries?

For example:

In German (and on the German Store) the App would be called "Schiffe versenken" and in English(UK and US Store) the exact same App would be called "Battleship".

(FYI: I am NOT developping a game like that, it's just an example!)

Thanks in advance for helping.

Cheers
    Chris

2. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

It's OK so far.

I did it once in last year with Twins Candy and a loc version with different name.

Antony

3. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    That's possible. But don't add a different app for each language. Submit one app, and create localized app store descriptions and names in iTunes Connect. Also don't forget to localize the app's name in XCode.

4. matador1978

matador1978 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Thank you very much DrummerB and antony.thai!
    Cheers
    Chris

5. Eclectic

Eclectic Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do this. You are losing a whole pile of SEO and other marketing benefits.

A universal global name for a product in English has to work best, especially if that product is part of the internet ecosystem.

6. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

If you want to do more thing more effective in a special market, like Japan or China, I would say you should localize it.:)