Universal RPG Fortuna Magus (By Kemco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Lol, and I haven't even looked at the games I got from the last sale. :D

2. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Let's see if sanuku post a gameplay video on this and we would know if this is the current best game for kemco hehe :)

3. thebza451

thebza451 Active Member

Mar 12, 2009
    best kemco title?

what is your favorite kemco title in your opinion? :cool:

4. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    there is a gameplay video on the 2nd post.

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Oh ya, missed that. Really like the gameplay, may be 1 of the best I seen from kemco.

6. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Even though I have like 20 of these I guess I'll still buy this. I mean, why not?

7. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Thats the spirit. :D I got them all.. have not even played most of them.. but will at some point.. i hope x3

8. ImJPaul

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I have like 20 and I don't think I've ever played one of them. More just of a stockpile for a rainy day. Unfortunately, I work full-time AND go to school full-time so I'm waiting for that rainy though...

9. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I use that same justification for my mass of games I still have in their shrink wrap. That and retirement only problem is I all ready have enough games to fill a retirees life and still have 30+ years til I can retire.

I also justify it by saying I support the RPG industry to make sure we keep getting better games brought stateside. The future of the genre is dependent on me purchasing games I never actually get around to playing.

I have a problem.......

10. ImJPaul

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I think a lot of Touch Arcaders have this problem. I know I do and then when the new week rolls around you have to figure out what you want to delete to put new stuff on your device. My 64GB iPhone just isn't enough. Honestly, I wish they'd just hurry up and make a TB iPhone.

11. Hero Killer Id

Sep 18, 2010
    Agreed good sir. I had to put a TB Drive into my ps3 and I'm guessing the ps4 won't be to long in the coming either though I'm hoping I can hold off til 3 and 4 TB drives are more readily available and cheaper.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I saw the mediocre review for this game on the main page but what stood out to me was the art. I feel like that's the best sprite work I've ever seen in a Kemco game that's tempting me to buy this.

However they did mention one of my irritations is that map movement looks super fake and stiff in pretty much every Kemco game.

13. Hero Killer Id

Sep 18, 2010
    Ok so I just beat the game it took about 7 1/2 hours. Some of the final battles in the game are the only really challenging parts. Now that I've finished it informs me that there are multiple endings. Anyone know anything about this?

14. Hero Killer Id

Sep 18, 2010
    Ok so after starting the game again it clearly describes what you need to do to get the "Good" ending and after the previous final fight it was much easier. Once you beat the game again (you start from right before the final dungeon) you unlock some sub quests and a battle arena. I'm not really going to delve into that I had fun with the game it was quick and not very difficult but still entertaining albeit a bit generic. On to Band of Monsters.

15. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Looking forward to reading your imps on Band of Monsters.

16. Syro

Syro Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Very disappointed with this one. Seems like they phoned it in.

Battles (on normal) have virtually no strategy. Almost never saw any status effects applied or had need of them myself. Just throw down dmg until you win. Bosses included.

The magic system is inscrutable and perplexing. There's no feedback on spending skill points, and you don't get nearly enough to properly experiment.

The dungeons are all virtually identical consisting of three linear screens with scattered treasure followed by a save point and boss.

Equipment is bland until post game. Pure min max.

Plot is ok. Characters are ok (if unbalanced). The few sub quests there are range from the typical kill X beasts down to bizarrely minimalist "go talk to this other person in the next house over".

Post game content was decent. IAPs non-intrusive -- I never made a purchase.

All that said, I enjoyed it and felt it was worth the money I spent on it. But if you're on the fence, I would suggest grabbing almost any other kemco rpg before this. Journey to kreisia for example is far superior in my opinion.

On to band of monsters.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I saw this dropped down to $0.99 according to appshopper, but it shows as 19.00 PHP in the PH appstore which translates to less than half a buck. Pretty weird.