Universal Combat Monsters - (by Rubicon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 22, 2013.

1. buzznaut

buzznaut Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    3.0 update has hit the App Store

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    O wow. A "monster" update too.
    1200 new cards is a lot of new cards particularly considering they already had a lot of cards.

I'm surprised that they're actually still developing this. There was a lot of discussion a while ago even from themselves that this wasn't the successful story they were after. Wonder if they've turned things around. Good on them if they have.

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    This is a great game, I enjoyed it when released, can't wait to try update

4. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Nice game, surprisingly deep when you get into the synergies. Happily paid for the coin tripler.

Looking forward to the update I hope it means the game gets more visibility, it deserves it.

Anything that can drag me away from Hearthstone is a winner. :)

5. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Thanks Talbs. I wouldn't say it's "turned around" but it's definitely getting better. Our problem has always been getting visibility and that's still an issue, but the realtime chat and online games are starting to pull people in at last.

We're just waiting the magic moment when someone actually covers the game!

Thanks for you support, guys. :)

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I picked this up again after some absence. I love all the new features and cards. I already had the tripler and a bit of a bank account, so Im going to start playing this again more regularly. Thanks for keeping up the game. I know from reading the articles here that you guys have had somewhat of a struggle so Im really impressed that you are still updating the game. I hope it gets more attention.

7. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    If this update doesn't show up on the next update Monday article I'll be shocked. I'm loving the new updating and I'm planning on buying the mystery chest bundle as soon as I can.

8. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Nice one guys, thanks for the support! :)

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I don't think Ive ever played a CCG where the cards were given out so generously. I invested in the 450 card mega pack and Im glad I did. It really helped me set up some good decks so that I can play all of the modes. I even finally beat the daily challenge. And the weekly hero tester led to me getting a couple more new heroes. I also read the upgrade log and it reads like a Junk Jack X upgrade-the game was almost revamped. Ive gotten back into this game and I hope more people do so that the arenas can start filling up again. In the meantime, the 100 or so solo levels should keep me busy. Eli and all if you are following this thread, please give this game another feature article. It really deserves it.

10. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Just so much to do. The best value in long term game play just got more valuable.

11. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Just downloades this game for the first time and it looks really nice

12. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #632 slamraman, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    I picked this up on release and it was just too complicated (for me) at the time as I've never played Card Battlers and that kind of thing before. I just loaded it back up and went in again and wondered if I could replay the tutorial again. I bought the tripler on the day of release and thought I'd another try.

Edit: I really have forgotten how to do this completely. Can I restart at the start. Not a scooby what to do.

13. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
  14. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
    #634 Rubicon, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    It's not possible to replay the tutorial without making a new account that would not have the tripler and other cards from whatever progress you made.

However you could just make a new account, find your feet again through that and then go back to the one you have some proper progress on if that makes sense.

Or if you contact support ([email protected] will do it) and explain, quoting your game account names, we could transfer your tripler for you.

15. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    #635 Crazyboy423, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    The game doesn't work anymore for me. When I start a battle I have a black screen.

Edit: it was because of Mobcrush

16. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
  17. MulletThug

MulletThug Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Still active referral code worth 25% extra coins: QXY4TCY. Additionally, I'll use your codes in the order that I receive them the next time I purchase. =D

18. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Where do you restore purchases?

19. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
    You don't have to. Any purchases you make are tied to your game account, along with all your cards and stuff.

20. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    The IAP page does not show that I purchased the coin tripler from way back when the game came out. I have downloaded it back to my device.