Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    GOOOOT IIIIIIT! You gotta get armor piercing rounds and it's an instakill. Thank god I lost that fmj attachment!

Now to save for 80k gun since its so op

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I just managed to get 2 level ups with one kill! (at about level 15)

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Nice to see you here :) one of the only cool Palringo guys unless of course you're that guy who came hereto say that Palringo guys rule the game. In that case, not a fan.

4. FSK_VoRteX

FSK_VoRteX Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    On behalf of Palringo guys, most Palringo guys hate mc4 because its all tactical and more skill base, only few guys like myself that just do well in this game. Lol

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    My to-do list.

-money
    -gun
    -armour piecing rounds
    -free time

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#626 Der-Kleine, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    I dislike it compared to previous MC games because the maps all kind of look the same, the guns don't feel as good as in MC3 and it's balanced like a free to play game (just without the secondary currency). I also don't like how Leveling up is pretty pointless now, with only level 10, 20, 30 and 40 making a real difference.

Oh and so far (I'm in Mission 8 or 9 I think) MC3 DEFINETLY had the better campaign.
    For the most part the soundtrack in MC3 was better as well.

7. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Does the game work on the iPad2 ?

8. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Wait so armor piercing rounds actually adds damage? I thought all it does is bullets going through enemies

9. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Like I said, take stealth specialization, one of the perks is double damage when enemies are stunned, put stun mag attachment and you have double damage.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I like it cause my Recent months spent with MC2 have helped me more than the guys playing MC3

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well at least on sniper.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I actually have to disagree with most points.

Yes leveling up seems kinda pointless and it does seem like a free-to-play game, but you gotta pay a lot for the IAPs. 10.000 coins for 2 bucks!!

But I like how the multiplayer flows more. Mc3 needed no skill to be good at. It was just hip firing. Now you actually need tactics and skill. I like it a lot more than MC3.

And the campaign in MC3 was terrible! I'm actually enjoying the campaign in MC4 so far. Especially the two sided mission system.

13. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Did you guys/gals jump right into the multiplayer before playing the campaign ?

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes.

On a serparate note, XP and coin loss is a server issue and has since been quickly sorted out. So far no hacks exist; any speed or teleports are latency related. This is very good news IMO. Just need to increase the rate of gold earning and I'm happy.

This is a far more tactical (and IMO more fun) than MC3. As for campaign, there's absolutely no doubt that this one is better than the last. Just no doubt. It still doesn't really feel like a full fledged AAA CoD SP, but it's a lot of fun especially with the attachment system.

15. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I just bought the 80k gun and played an unranked map with it. If your KD sucks right now, don't worry about it. Get this gun and it'll go up the roof. No kidding, I joined the map late but still got 17 kills with 1 death (too bad I didn't spend a lot on military support)

This gun is amazing! I might even say, waaay too OP. I've just played one game with it so far (and I'm not gonna lie, everyone else were low levels) but it's a massive upgrade from the stock gun.

Also noticed that the attachments I bought in my first gun can be used in this gun (the ones that are compatible). So except for the muzzle, I got the grip, scope, and butt for no extra cost.

I got a question though.. I haven't played too much but I'm already lvl 35 I think. In MC3 I remember it took me FOREVER to reach 50, damn near 4 months (I didn't play as much but come on, lvl 35 in 2 days?)
    Anyway, so my question is, what's the max rank you can achieve? I've seen some guys already on prestige (unless I mistook the icon for a higher rank), and tons of guys in the 30s and 40s I think. But no one in the 70s or 80s (also, since you don't unlock anything after 40, I don't see why anyone would bother)

I feel like the multiplayer aspect is almost over for me once I reach 40 and get most of the military supports and perks. Nothing to really look forward to. The fact that attachments are carried over, just makes things even easier
    Any one else feel this?

16. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    You can still dominate with hip fire in this game, just use the right style of grip for your gun.

Anyone have a problem with the bottom right of the screen sometimes ignoring your touches? it really breaks the game when you go to aim yet nothing happens so you lose the gunfight. iPhone 5, not noticed any touch problems in shadowgun so I presume it's the game.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The game isn't about leveling up. They purposely changed the focus to more skill-based as opposed to "spend a lot of time = high lvl+great gun"

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Play VIP. You get lots of coins. 5k per match

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'm really stupid... Of course te sniping won't be overpowered like MC2 :/ Now I gotta wait at least a day until 80k gun. It's annoying when so many have it already

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Sniping is insanely good, whatcha talking about?