iPhone Static Sky

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by framebunker, Apr 20, 2013.

1. framebunker

framebunker Member

Apr 20, 2013
    game developer
    Copenhagen
    @JCho133 - Thanks! Syndicate is one of the games that we referenced when starting this project, asking ourselves "what would a game like that be like if it were designed today for this hardware?" I guess our answer wasn't too literalÂ… more like "What would our fondest memories of Syndicate, filtered through 20 years of other experiences, be like if re-imagined today for this hardware?".

@Exact-Psience - Thanks.

@TheOutlander - I think that with a game like this, especially because we're focusing on the hardcore/premium thing, we really need to be talking with gamers early so that we're getting feedback and (hopefully) getting people excited about what we're making.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
  3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Reminds me of syndicate

4. framebunker

framebunker Member

Apr 20, 2013
    game developer
    Copenhagen
    @Candykiller - thanks for posting the video!
    @Bloodangel - we're all Syndicate fans and we're motivated by more than a little nostalgia for that era of gaming, so that's cool with us. (As long as you're talking about the original and not the FPS remake ;) )

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    But the FPS remake was soooo much better!

(Not)

6. framebunker

framebunker Member

Apr 20, 2013
    game developer
    Copenhagen
  7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    This is getting some renewed interest.
    Just watched the video. Damn those environments look good. Dark but still vivid colours.
    And lol at the falls of the guys when they get shot. Colossal rag doll knock backs.
    Really hope this does turn out to really be an xcom/Diablo mashup as its being pegged. Really high hopes for this.

8. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The new video looks stunning. @framebunker - do you know what the hardware requirements will be at this stage? I'm hoping that the game won't be limited to high-end devices only.

9. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Looks amazing. Any plans of beta test of any sort?

10. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Holy crap this looks AMAZING! Easily one of the best looking games I've seen on mobile. I love the dark atmosphere, it totally has a Blade Runner look to it. I can't wait for it to come out, day one purchase for sure.

11. framebunker

framebunker Member

Apr 20, 2013
    game developer
    Copenhagen
    @Candykiller - development is targeting 5s+ for an iPhone and Air+ for an iPad. We'll probably support lower, but definitely with visual quality being cut back so that FPS can stay high. Even the 5s and Air might get a bit of visual polish cut to keep framerate solid.

@kipicha - we do, but we're not there yet. We will post here when looking for beta testers.

@Talbs & @Grimstone82 - Thanks!

We also just launched a little teaser site at playstaticsky.com since before that we only had our dev blog at framebunker.com, which was more geared towards game developers than players.

12. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Just bumping this one to see if there is any news from the developers. This is my most anticipated game for sure, but there hasn't been any word about it for the past 6 months as far as I can tell.

13. framebunker

framebunker Member

Apr 20, 2013
    game developer
    Copenhagen
    We've been radio silent for awhile (just busy working on the game) but are fast approaching alpha. We just put up a sign-up form for alpha and beta testers at http://playstaticsky.com/testing

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    At last!!!
    Applied and looking forward the game that finally it's getting eventually closer to release!!!

15. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looking great can't wait