[Cursed Realms](3D Dungeon Keeper Like) From BansheeSoft maker of Mission Europa

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SouL_DragooN, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    LOL.... how very true!.. Moving faster and faster now!.. The new engine will make getting games out so much faster after this one so I hope to really explore some new ideas =)!

2. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Damn....this is one super cool idea!!!!!!

I was a big fan of dungeon keeper back then and this game is going to be an instabuy for me.

3. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Awesome! =).. that is why I am making it I LOVED DK and was torn apart when bullfrog died... Same thing with Shiny... two great ones! R.I.P. Bullfrog and Shiny! =)

Here is a video of me doing some model and shader testing =).. More on the blog!

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I'm buying the Collector's Edition :D

5. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    LOL sweet! =)..I cannot wait to get some first person shots in game =)

Maybe in a week or so.

Back to work!

6. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Wow, it could be great. Your games are awesome
    But I have a question: Cursed Realms only works on newest devices, because it uses OpenGL2.0 ,but I think that the game models are a little low-polygon
    ¿are they in some early state of development, or will they be like this??
    Thanks, and great job.

7. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #27 SouL_DragooN, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    Thanks!

They have to be as there will be tons of them on screen =).. You will play most of the game at at least 50 feet away.. it will be a lot like dungeon keeper =)..one of my favorite all time games.

[​IMG]

They run 600-1100 verticies. The very max I want as I want a LOT going on. =).. It will be tough to do as most games seen now do not support more then 1to 3 really pretty characters on screen at a time. They are all Normal Mapped, Ambient Occlusion mapped, specular mapped, parallax mapped, and glow mapped. along with being fully enveloped.. I could take out the skeletal animation if it gets to be to much. (you have to transform a lot more when doing per-pixel lighting)

And yes still early no art is final it is all first pass to get to playing the game =)..

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Wow, just saw this for the first time, looks like another excellent game from Ry-I mean Bansheesoft!

I've actually never played Dungeon Keeper :eek: although I've heard of it, but now I'm intrigued so I've got to go do some research on it.

9. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I'm glad you emphasized that this art isn't final and I sincerely hope you have an artist working with your team on this game. Your games are great, but like most reviews have said, the aesthetics and graphics are a mess. When I first booted up ME, my very first impression was that the graphics were made by a programmer. I'm not sure if that's actually the case, but you see my point. Imagine how much better your games would sell if the aesthetics matched the ambition and depth.

Just a thought.

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #30 SouL_DragooN, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    Media! long time no see!
    Never played DK.. awe what a loss! =).. Of course in today's market not as ground breaking but I truly loved that game =)....

NaughtHere:
    Yes M.E. was never supposed to be a graphics power house. The target was to work great on the oldest devices with more different enemies on screen and more depth then anything out there. In hind sight, that was not the best targeting as the market is far more moved with all the eye candy possible( Seemingly at the expense of almost everything else ). So Agreed! When the game approached completion I would love to have you guys critique it =).. Thanks for the input I wish more would toss ideas and suggestions =)..

back to work!

Look out for the mini user! ;)
    [​IMG]

11. TaiyrTress

TaiyrTress Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Gaming? Or something cool. :)
    Unicorn fun park.
    Hmm, a game by the same developers of Europa.. "psyched"

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thank you rocket fuel for the late nights! =).. I promise better graphics this go =)!

13. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    ...beta testers? :) Heard from @Doomfan on Twitter about beta testing!

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yessir, I have been pretty scarce around here lately as I've been really busy with school and not gaming so much, but no doubt I will be gaming when this one hits the app store!

On your point about the market--yeah it is a shame, honestly. I guess it's true though, and that's why a game like Mission Europa is seemingly stuck at cult hit status. But I thought that in terms of presentation, M.E. nailed the vibe it was aiming for, and because of the gameplay and depth it blew everything else out of the water. I haven't spent 1/10th of the time with all of Gameloft's stuff as with that game alone, (not even to mention Necromancer Rising.)

Anyway, I would love to give you some helpful feedback but being unfamiliar with the games inspiring this I don't know what I can say other than real general platitudes--"make it good...est," stuff like that. I assume you are keeping active on your blog though, and probably providing plenty of chances for feedback there, so I'm going to check that out and see what's what.

15. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Oh I loved ME for the hordes of enemies and dare I say it, the graphics! It's just got this 'old 3D game' graphics vibe flowing through it!
    However, I was almost forced to put the game down once and for all when I encountered difficulty spikes and all sorts of overpowered enemies. Yeah I know games these days are loaded with safety nets such as checkpoints and whatnot, but at least the harder games had a thing called 'balance', which ME lacked.

Remember the worm that could inflict monstrous DoT on the player at long range and had a massive health tank? Or that freaking lv 30~ defense bot that would deal enough damage to overkill the player 300+ times in one shot? That's broken, I tell you.

So my point is, please have some kind of balance in this game. Make the enemies fight fair, and not have all sorts of godlike powers like high damage DoT and overpowered lasers that travel through walls.
    Players are humans, and we can adapt and develop our skills if needed. However, we were never gifted the ability to overcome enemies with superior stats.

16. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Media: awesome yes very active on the blog 3-4posts a day ;)

Gunsword: yes this will be a much more mainstream game. A very different one at that. ;)

17. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I'm a fan of your work Ryan, especially Mission europa. It was a fantastic game with interesting story and entertaining gameplay :) Just noticed that you have a blog and it's pretty entertaining to read it so far :D this game will be very unique on the AppStore when it's gonna be released, so it's an insta-buy for sure. Keep up the good work! (night is for sleeping btw)

18. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
  19. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
  20. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Woo, I enjoyed testing Mission Europa. Of course, some of it was kinda creepy, does this have the same feel?