Tap To Play - Play against other players or by yourself

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tap To Play, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Tap To Play

Tap To Play Member

Jul 1, 2014
    #1 Tap To Play, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    COMING AUGUST 14TH

Hi all,

We are excited to announce that our app Tap To Play has been submitted to Apple for review.

We are soft launching to Canada first, and will start including other countries soon after the release.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's our app description :

Challenge your friends and other players, or go solo in 8 addicting games!

Tap To Play is a social gaming platform where you can challenge other players to 8 different games. You can also chat with your opponents, and follow your friends in your feed.
    All games can also be played in single player mode - for fun, for practice, or to compete in the leaderboards.

Earn medals and xp, reach a higher level, and earn coins to unlock new games.

FEATURES :

- 8 games (with more coming soon!)
    - Chat with your opponents
    - Find and add friends
    - Random opponents
    - Compete in leaderboards
    - Follow your friends' activity in the feed
    - Beautiful artwork and animations
    - Connect with Facebook and play against your friends

GAMES :

• Bird Down
    The early bird catches the worm - but not if he gets shot down by a missile! Keep flapping to help Twitch stay in the air.

• Birds On A Pole
    Twitch and Twinkle are just chilling on a telephone pole, but someone is attacking them - and they brought out the big guns! Help our lovebirds avoid the missiles, or they will be as dead as a dodo.

• Deck Attack
    Time to lay all your cards on the table. This reaction-based card game is spades of fun!

• Dragon Fish
    It's a fish-eat-fish world out there. Help Olaf the dragonfish hunt for food - but make sure he doesn't eat himself!

• Jungle Glide
    Join our mascotte Otto in his quest to satisfy his hunger. Glide through the jungle and collect those tasty potassium-filled bananas!

• Seashell Shore
    It's time to come out of your shell in this color-matching game.

• Splosh
    Priscilla the fish just loves to eat those yummy flies. The only problem is that they don't live in the sea, so she has to jump out of the water to catch them.

• Tap To Run
    Hazel the Ostrich loves to run. Help her avoid the obstacles, or her luck will run out!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tap To Play

Tap To Play Member

Jul 1, 2014
    #2 Tap To Play, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Here are two more screenshots :

Dragonfish
    [​IMG]

Seashell Shore
    [​IMG]

3. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    #3 shining jade, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    [​IMG]

I got a chance to beta test, tap to play,
    and even in beta I can see this app hitting off very well!
    many people play scramble with friends or dice with friends maybe words with friends..
    now picture those type of games,
    with a chat feature and a leveling system and goals ..
    plus throw in many great games!
    simple controls easy to learn but i will say hard to master ^-^
    many games with different ways to play and it's fun trying to see if you can beat your friends high score on any of these games ^-^
    it's easy to send messages and challenges in the game..
    the layout is cheerful and easy to get around even in beta there was no major issues! these developers know what there doing and do it well! ^-^
    this app is a must have, it's fun and can be fun trying to see how far you can get in some of these games..
    so what you waiting for once it hits the app stores in your area,
    grab a friend or grab many and go get this game! it's simple but fun, challenging but worthwhile :)

4. ReverseDAJ

ReverseDAJ Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I've had the chance to beta test 'Tap to Play' and the best way I can describe it is 'Draw Something with awesome minigames.' I never usually download what we call 'Minigame Collections' on the App Store, but the idea of having a multiplayer, social experience like 'Draw Something' got me very excited. The games are awesome, with a heap of variety, and even in this beta test, the leaderboards are very competitive! The philosophy of the game is to have something for everyone, and I enjoy playing all of the games. My favourite has to be 'Tap to Run', followed by 'Birds on a Pole'. UI is awesome, social features are really awesome (I'm finding new people to interact with). There is nothing much really wrong with this game at all. All I can say is 'Download It' when it comes out in your region. This game has the ability to keep my attention for days on end, something an app hasn't done ever for me!

To my 'Tap to Play' beta testers, which game is your favourite? And feel free to add me as a friend and play some games with me: my username is the same as my TA username (ReverseDAJ)
    Also, I would love to see an endless shooter style minigame, like Ikaruga on the GameCube (that's the only game that I can think of to describe it!)
    As you can see, my rambly first impressions indicate how much I'm loving this game so far!!

5. Tap To Play

Tap To Play Member

Jul 1, 2014
    #5 Tap To Play, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks for the reviews/impressions :)

You and Shining Jade are currently the only two active testers we got through the TA forums. The other testers are mostly people we know or that we found elsewhere.

Even though we have already submitted, we're still looking for more people to help us test our updates.

We are definitely planning to add some shooters soon, so count on it! :)

Here's some more screenshots. Most of the games are playable in both portrait and landscape mode - there is currently only one exception, but future games might also be tailored for only one orientation.

Also worth noting is that every game has 3 levels, each introducing new elements, and a different color scheme.

Tap To Run
    [​IMG]

Splosh
    [​IMG]

6. skyride

skyride New Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Sweden
    Well well did I just smell something? I bet this game is heavily monetized...Dare to say it's not?

7. ReverseDAJ

ReverseDAJ Member

Jul 4, 2014
    The IAPs are fair, actually and everything is accessible through gameplay. There are 'coin packs' available at two prices £0.69 for 300 coins and £1.49 for 750 coins (which also removes ads) You get 10 tap coins for watching a 15 second ad, so that's a way of getting access to the other games. You get 10 tap coins for every challenge you win. In the beta test, 5 of the games are accessible from the beginning, with 3 requiring 100 'Tap Coins' (so far). I've unlocked every game except one through gameplay (and I've had the game for 3 days). Also, friends can unlock games for you using their coins. You also get tap coins from levelling up and completing achievements. A very fair IAP system.

I'm sure I've got some small number errors there, and missing out some bits, but yeah. Very fair. Unlike Draw Something, and most other free asynchronous games, this IAP system doesn't force you into anything.

8. Tap To Play

Tap To Play Member

Jul 1, 2014
    #8 Tap To Play, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    I dare say it's not :)

We obviously added some ways for us to make some money, but a lot of effort has been put into making it well-balanced. We're not some big corporation that's after your money, we're a small team (3 people) who really wanted to make this app, and hopefully earn some money with it. I spent almost 6 months on this full time (without pay), so I hope it will pay off, but it's been a labor of love, so I also hope that people will enjoy it :)

The only thing you currently can't do without spending real money is removing the ads. Just like ReverseDAJ pointed out, you can earn coins by playing (specifically by winning challenges, unlocking goals and levelling) or by watching a video ad. It doesn't take ages to unlock the games either, but if you want them quicker, you have the option of paying for them.

1 dollar gives you 300 coins, which is enough to unlock 3 games. You start with 50 coins, and there is a game that costs only 75 coins, which you could unlock very quickly. We plan on adding other free and cheap games too.

Two small corrections to what ReverseDAJ was saying :
    - There are currently 4 games that are unlocked at the start, and 4 that you need to unlock (but you can still play them 5 times for "free" in single player mode, and you can play challenges without unlocking them in exchange for watching a video ad or a small amount of coins). He probably thought it was 5 unlocked games because I unlocked one of the games for him when he signed up.
    - You can't unlock games for your friends with your coins, you can unlock them for 1 friend for free, after you've unlocked it yourself, just so that you always have someone to play with.

9. triggerhappylabs

triggerhappylabs Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Without spending a single dime you will be able to play 4 games, as much as you'd like, at anytime, by yourself or against your friends... no strings attached. :)

10. Tap To Play

Tap To Play Member

Jul 1, 2014
    #10 Tap To Play, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Tap To Play is still waiting for review by Apple. In the meantime, we're hard at work on two new games, Ribbit Rush and Friggin' Frog, both starring a new character, Francis the frog.

Here's a screenshot for Friggin' Frog. I'll be posting a screenshot for the other game in a bit, once we've replaced the last of the programmer art.

[​IMG]

From the screenshot, you might be fooled into thinking this is a Doodle Jump clone, but it's not :)

We're also working on localisation. Our app will be available in English, Dutch, Swedish, German, French, Russian, Spanish and Chinese. Other languages will be added soon.

EDIT : Here's the Ribbit Rush screenshot, as promised :

[​IMG]

11. triggerhappylabs

Feb 17, 2012
  12. triggerhappylabs

Feb 17, 2012
    #12 triggerhappylabs, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  13. triggerhappylabs