Please help! How can I get a refund for an app??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fireball926, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Ok so I just by accidently purchesed aralon on my 2nd generation touch! How can I get a refund?? I really want my 10 bucks back!!!!:(

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Maybe you will get lucky - but in their policies it clearly states that they will not refund due to purchases for the wrong device - it's on the new terms and conditions. But doesn't hurt to try.

Get the receipt, there is a section (somewhere - it's not in front of me) to report a problem. Select the reason you want a refund and fill in all information it asks for. You might get a nice customer service person that takes pity on you.

3. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

4. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    If I'm not mistaken, Aralon runs perfectly fine on a second generation device.

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Go to your purchase history in itunes and it will list all your recent purchases. Just to the left of the price you will see a link that says "Report a Problem"

Edit: If possible its always a good idea to purchase apps on the device you will be using as I believe a msg will pop up stating that it wont work on the device and prevents you from buying it

6. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    What my Problem is accidently purchesed it. I bought atari greatest hits before so i entered my password. Then when i saw aralon I saw it was not supported for 2nd gens so i wanted to see if it was because Of open gl 2.0 so i hit buy. I forgot I bought atari before so it started downloading. I'll see if it runs if it doesn't I'll do the refund... I really wasnt interested in purchesing but I guess I'll try it.....

7. Rofl Copter

Rofl Copter Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Click on the top right of itunes where it has your username and balance, and click account.

Go to purchase history and find the purchase for Aralon and click report a problem at the bottom of the page, then click the report a problem thing next to the Aralon purchase. Then choose your problem and write a message.

This worked for me once, so you should try it out.

EDIT: Say you inadvertedly purchased the product, and illustrate how it happened.

8. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Ok did as said above. Wishing for the best! Thanks guys I really miss that 10 bucks

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    If it was via your iPod (assuming so since you mention the IAP and all) then the device won't let you buy a game that is not compatible with it. So I dunno, even if it says not compatible with 2g - if it let you download it via the device, it must somehow be ok.

10. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #10 Fireball926, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    Yes but the thing is I don't want it. I thought it was a open gl thing so I wanted to check next thing I know boom downloading. I've never really had an intentions of buying it and don't want it

EDIT: to think of it I don't really need help anymore so mods feel free to delete this thread:)

Thanks all for the help really appreciate it

11. Versago

Versago Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    You can always call the itunes support people and request a refund with the recipte.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just email Apple support. In my experience, they've been incredibly nice about things. I've never once been refused a refund, although I've only asked three times in three years. The guys at customer service are definitely very understanding in my opinion.

In any case, Aralon works just fine on the 2nd gen. It's one of the top 3 RPGs on the iOS..so try it out and see how you like it first. It's honestly a great game.

13. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I tryed it and don't like it. I'm lucky I got a girl at customer support email line! Haha I think I'll get my money back! :) not to worried about it anymore!

14. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    #14 November's Chopin, Apr 10, 2011
    Contact iTunes support. Last time I accidentally bought a duplicate app on a separate account, and they actually refunded it, even though they had no way of proving it was the same person using two accounts.
    I suppose one of your arguments could be that Aralon's developer promised support for older devices but they never did it. :rolleyes: Man I hate when developers do that. Don't promise something if you're not going to do it. o_O

Lol wtf? So does it support or not support older devices? It says does not support on the description, but indicates support in the device requirements? Self-contradictory o_O.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's always worked with the 2nd gen. With a few updates, it now runs smooth on the 2nd gen. even. Tried it out on my old, old iPod a while back.

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #16 Vovin, Apr 10, 2011
    @ Fireball926:

I only hope you know that you've hurt Crescent Moon, the developer.

They aren't responsible for your stupidity, but have to pay 10 bucks back to Apple, even if they only got 7 bucks before (because Apple takes a 30% fee from a purchase while taking 100% back when the dev got a negative sale).
    Your trial-and-error game is costing Crescent Moon 3 dollars.
    Try to think before pressing the 'buy'-button next time.

The same applies for all the other refund experts in this thread.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Are you sure that's how refunds work? I don't know why Apple would be so hesitant to give refunds if this was the case.

18. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Too bad. Aralon was and still is my favorite game I ever played on iOS. I played through it a couple times. I'd play through it yet again if they added game center achievements...

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #19 Vovin, Apr 10, 2011

Yes, sadly. Even with an accidental purchase. Just go over to the devs section and ask them.
    A negative sale is a negative sale.
    If you have successfully refunded an app, the dev gets a negative sale.
    Apple takes a complete sale from the devs account. Means that Apple takes 100% for this transaction. But they gave only 70% before. In any case, Apple wins and the dev loses.

Can you imagine why Apple is so generous in refunding? Just try, most refund requests are successful. They even give you money back when you stupidly purchased something. Simple thing: it means money.

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I guess that makes sense. Even though the agreement says there are no refunds, I haven't had to send a second email even once in getting one. But like I said, I've only asked for three in the nearly three years.