Universal Anodia 2 (by CLM) - Now with Playable Web Demo and Release Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CLM, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    #1 CLM, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Hello,
    for quite some time now we were working on a sequel to Anodia, which will be released on the 7th of May!

Here's the release trailer:

Playable Web Demo (OS X/Windows browsers, no plugins needed).

Anodia was released in 2011 and was very positively received, it holds a 5 star rating for All Versions in the USA and many other countries. To this day Anodia was downloaded more than 4 million times on iPhones and iPads. Over the years we tripled original content with free updates and we finally decided that it's time for a proper successor.

We are excited to share the first screenshots from Anodia 2: Revenge of the Bricks (working title ;))

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    (click for higher resolution)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What do you think about the new look? We would love to hear your comments! :)

2. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Hey guys,

that's my first post on touch arcade. Hope to have fun here. :)

That sounds fantastic! Anodia is one of my favorite Brick Breaker games on ios!
    Thanks for all the content you guys made. I had a lot of fun with it during all these years.

On the pics it looks very similar to the first one. Like new Levels? Are the graphics a little bit more polished?

Can't wait to see it in motion!

Cheers, Sash...

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    @CLM
    Awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

@Sash-O
    Welcome, new friend. :)

@Toucharcade people
    Please make the @ work in the forums.

4. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    #4 CLM, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Thank You! That's always nice to hear! :)

Sash-O, we are trying to preserve the look and feel of the original, but the game is more polished and have lots of improvements. At some point we'll probably make comparison screenshots to show the difference ;)

Anodia 2: There and Bricks Again (working title ;)) will have completely new levels and a visual style that is a lot more modern/flat. Tomorrow I'll try to post some more screenshots to illustrate.

We'll try to post some gameplay video next week :)

5. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    As promised, three new screenshots of Anodia 2: Bricks to the Future (working title ;)), never ever published before ;).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Can't wait for this. Screenshots look great. I have played thru the first many times. Cheers!

7. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    So, you should totally use all of those subtitles in the game. Every boot up should have a different brick pun. That would be hilarious.

Loved the first one. This looks fantastic!

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Wow, it looks amazing!

9. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    I love Anodia! The art style and animations are fantastic. The gameplay is very polished. Looking forward to the new release!

10. secredut

secredut Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2015
    I can't wait to see more! cool!

11. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    Thanks! It's really motivating to see such a nice feedback :).

Jerutix, there is a high chance that we will use those subtitles in Anodia 2: Bricks of the Galaxy (working title ;)).

BTW, if anyone has any ideas for new subtitles, don't hesitate to share them!

We will post some video this week if time permits - so much to do already and there's only two of us ;).

12. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Great news! Anodia is still the best Beakout-like on the app store after all these years. I will snap up the sequel as soon as it comes out.

13. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    As promised, the first gameplay video from Anodia 2: The Incredible Bricks (working title ;)). For best viewing experience set the quality to 1080p60 (60 fps does make a huge difference).

14. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
  15. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    It's Monday and that's a great time for another Anodia 2: The Uncanny Bricks (working title ;)) screenshot!

[​IMG]

16. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    looks promising, can't wait to hands on :)

17. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    While working on Anodia 2: Raiders of the Lost Brick (working title ;)) we retrieved an ancient manuscript that taught us, the once popular art of animating gifs! Enjoy! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. BWL

BWL New Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Wow! Can't wait. This is my favorite game ever. Will there still be updates to Anodia or will you shift to focusing only on Anodia 2? Also, when do you think it could be released? So excited!!

19. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    Thanks BWL, it's very nice to hear! We are focusing on Anodia 2: The Amazing Bricks (working title ;)) for now, maybe we'll make updates to the first Anodia, not sure right now. The release date is yet to be decided, probably somewhere in the next few months. Half year tops. Christmas maybe. But seriously, very early estimates say April (it will probably change though as it always does).

BTW, I have a question for all of you. Would you like a browser demo of the game, to play a level or two on your computer? We are considering it, but I'm hesitant and I would love your opinion.

20. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Apr 10, 2011
    It's Screenshot Monday! A new visualization of the Clouds power-down ;)

[​IMG]