iPad neoDefense (By duetBlock)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by duetBlock, Aug 30, 2017.

1. duetBlock

duetBlock Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi orangecan,

Thank you, it's very nice of you to say that. :)

And I also want to go universal but I can do it when time permits. (The universal UI should be varied on the iPad)

Have a nice day. ;)

Best Regards,
    duetBlock

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    You're welcome!

I do have a question that I meant to ask earlier - I've started replaying the levels and I can't see anything on them to tell me how many lives/shields I survived the levels with so I can't see which ones to replay in order to get a higher score.

Also, is there any point in replaying a level I got through with all shields intact to get a better score? Or is scoring based on other aspects as well.

Thanks

3. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Hey guys,

I openend a new youtube channel „neoDefense Walkthroughs“, were I will upload walkthroughs for all levels

This is the first one, Alpha 1. The Entry:
    https://youtu.be/Jb0T3bO8-CM

Others will follow on this channel!

@duetBlock: Is this ok? I need your permission because of your copyrights. Otherwise I will delete the videos.

4. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    #204 Rob G, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Hi, Wanted to thank the creator of neoDefense, great game, thanks for the many hours of gameplay.

I have played a lot of geoDefense, which is basically the same as this game seems to be (or the other way around), which is a great compliment.

One thing I would love to see is the ability to ‘lock’ the laser in aiming position. That would make it easier to have it always shoot the optimal path (static position at least).

More towers would also be highly appreciated. I know geoDefense also had towers which slowed down the creeps. That was a nice strategic add-on as you can really build a hotspot where firepower is max and the creeps are highly slowed down and get more time under fire.

Well, thanks again for the game, really love it.

5. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi orangecan,

This game doesn't tell how many shields remain when the mission completed.
    And if you get higher score then the badge score updated with the highest score in the main screen and the stage information screen.

The one creep score is the highest when the creep is destroyed in the starting point. And the score is decreased gradually to the ending point.
    The maximum shield bonus is calculated by about 25% of the total maximum score. ("about" means, It has floating point exception)

e.g. If player can get to maximum 100,000 points in the mission and the shields count is 10 then it is 2,500 points per shield.

Thank you for you are really enjoying my game. :)

Best Regards,
    duetBlock

6. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi MRB_,

I've subscribed your youtube channel and it is really good! (I didn't think there is another way to beat the mission.)

YES, Please upload all videos as much you can. I permit your request. :D

Thank you for your youtube channel!

Best Regards,
    Son Gil

7. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Which one exactly do you mean? :D

8. DaveMApplegate

DaveMApplegate Well-Known Member

I still play GeoDefense all of the time. It's cool to have an "update" to it. Is this game related to the GeoDefense at all?

Keep up the killer work.

Cheers,

Dave

9. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Any advice for the first Gamma stage???
    Been trying 60 times, only 12 wave.... what is wrong????

10. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    There is no direct relation, but the gameplay is very similar.

11. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    #211 MRB_, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Try many different things with all towers, but that‘s enough hint.

There’s one special key, but I think it‘s more interesting for you, when you discover this key on your own.

12. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Bought a copy to support the dev (the universal development :)) and this amazing eye candy TD game here.
    Was so disappointed to see no geoDefense love for iOS 11 and found then this pearl here.

I hope to see a "pause and plant/sell/upgrade towers" feature too.

Keep up the good work, Sir! :cool:

13. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Has anyone figured out Beta Bonus 1? I always get destroyed by the pink squares no matter what I try. Even multiple maxed missiles barely put a dent into the wave.

14. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Minor wish since the app counts your fails, broken-off levels and shows them proudly in the menu—which may be a tiny bit mortifying…

When you start a level the time is running immediately. You have NO time to orientate yourself. There is NO hint where the creeps will go (the path exactly). Plz insert a possibility to show those things at start of a level. Maybe add an option if the player wants to have shown his number of fails. Better would be a display on how many shields you've saved in your best try.

Thx in advance.

16. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yeah, I agree. If you accidentally press the wrong level and then quit, it counts as a “loss”.

17. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    yes! +1 (the starting off point)

18. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Are there any news about delta levels? :)

19. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi MRB_,

Sorry for late. I'm still working for Delta level design. :eek: (And there is a new creep in Delta sector.)

I will inform in this thread when It is available.

P.S. There will be added 3 more bonus missions in each Alpha, Beta and Gamma sector as well.

Sorry again everyone.

Best Regards,
    duetBlock

20. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    Well, I finished all levels and still loving this game. Can’t wait for the new Delta levels.

Will there ever be a 5th weapon? There is room for the icon on screen. That would really be bliss.

I don’t mind paying for the game for additional levels, just keep them coming!