Sanuku - cost of all those gameplay vids

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sanuku, Jan 18, 2012.

1. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #61 HansKaosu, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    I have not broken any rules.

If you think that's ban worthy then i don't know what to tell you. :)

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    TouchArcade steals attention from developers' websites.

3. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    I want to thank you, Sanuku, for all the hard work you've down for the community here.

I know that I've relied on your gameplay vids to make a decision about whether an app was any good or not.

4. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    Don't be silly.

5. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    I too, appreciate Sanuku's contributions here! He is very keen and always up-to-date with information and videos on games that are new, old, and unheard of. Thanks man!! Your videos and posts have helped me alot!! :)

6. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    That's pretty cool of sanaku to refuse to monetise the gameplay videos he makes..
    But is it legal to monetise gameplay footage? I think you have to do voiceovers or edit it in such a way in order to avoid copyright or something don't you?

Either way, even if he is not making any of his money back from it right now, it's a huge investment really, because the longer he does it, the more subs he gets, and someday he will have millions of subs which could be turned into an absolute gold mine or business, like his own app review website and what not.
    So it's very clever to keep going, even though it's not paying off monetarily just yet.

In a few years time there might be a website called sanaku.com that ends up being #1 game site online, which is actually not that far fetched when you think about how much traffic he gets to his channel and videos, if he stopped posting them here and on YouTube, and instead just posted them on his site.. The masses would probably flock there.

7. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    #67 HansKaosu, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    What are you talking about. he have ads on his videos. So he is monetizing.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #68 Rip73, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Must chime in and throw a quick thanks to Sanuku also.
    While the videos are not the only reason to come here, they most certainly are one of the major reasons and are easily the biggest contribution to what I decide to buy or not to buy.
    They just focus on the gameplay, one gets to see a game exactly how it plays and while I may not always agree with his assessment of a game when he puts in a comment or two, I most certainly benefit greatly from every single video he puts up and greatly appreciate it.
    I find it strange that there seems to be questions about his methods and means from some because its takes very little to see that he is legitimate from watching even a few seconds of any video or anytime he posts the file size for example.
    I won't waste space by going in to the details of why its obvious that its all legit but anybody who knows anything about games and iOS should clearly be able to see it.
    Oh and whether he is monetising or not, so what, who cares whether he is or not. He is providing a useful and genuine service so even if he was monetising, I couldn't care less. And no one really should as any excellent service deserves reward. Of course, I do believe when he says he is not but that doesn't change the fact the if he ever decides to in the future, it would still be fair and well deserved reward for his efforts.

Too late to say long story short but... long story short, thanks a lot Sanuku, it is all greatly appreciated.

9. Funny, hope he would name is website sanuku.com, not sanaku.

But yeah, it would be the bomb. His youtube channel is great. Thanks Sanuku.

10. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    TouchGameplay.com is his domain. FYI it directs to his YouTube.

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Holy shit I didn`t know that my YouTube Channel had already that much attention nowadays since usually nobody does give a single shit about Mobile Gaming on YouTube at all.

My Channel Views went through the roof over the last couple of Weeks and I deeply and honestly want to thank everyone who had actually taken the time to post about it on Twitter/Facebook/...

The buzz actually got so big that over the last couple of days Publisher/Developer/Advertising Agency/...I actually had never heard about have reached out to me and now want to work with me together in 2014.

I want to thank everyone who had made this possible and I promise that I will keep creating those Gameplay Trailer till Apple will stop creating new iDevices and not a single Developer will create new iOS Gaming Content for any iOS Device.

Thank you so much you can`t believe how much I am flattered about the hole thing and I wish everyone of you a Merry Christmas and a great Happy New Year.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,...

12. Merry xmas and Happy New Year, and thanks always for the gameplay vids.

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    You keep making them, we will keep watching. Thanks and happy holidays, Sanuku!

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    That's great news sanuku.

15. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm another TA member that goes into a thread for a game I'm considering, hoping there's a Sanuku video to sway me one way or another. I also thought he got them mostly through promocodes from devs, and am shocked he buys them himself. It seems the person who brought it up was implying that he pirated them, which surprisingly never crossed my mind.

Congratulations to you, Sanuku, for the opportunities that have been made available to you for 2014! I hope it's a fantastic year for you, and leads to even greater things.

For those asking how he does it, I asked him that in a PM many months back, and was told that it's a secret. Still, there are ways I've found to do it, but none that don't involve pricey equipment.

16. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I think he works for gameloft.

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just wanted to come and say thanks also! :D

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Sanuku-dude,

I've stated this before on previous threads, but since I wanted to overstate my gratitude, "Maraming Salamat, Kaibigan!" (Filipino for "Many thanks, friend"). You provide a service to this forum that would be lacking without the time, energy and resources you've generously expended and shared.

19. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #79 Tannorexic, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Oh.. I didnt know you could monetize a video only showcasing someone elses intellectual property..i dont really view his channel from youtube, so i havent noticed the ads.. I just see him on here all the time posting vids.. And i watch them directly through here.. Anyway, Isnt that like..copyright infringement? Its weird to me that recording games is perfectly legal, yet, you get sued and slaughted if you upload a judge judy episode. Youtube is weird lol.

i have seen quite a few people recording newly released ios gameplay footage from the NZ store as of late.. Perhaps sanaku has started a new youtube trend!

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow. Tons of appreciation and respect. You're doing the dev's and all of us a huge favor. And I'm a little jealous I can't do the same!

Thank you.