Pac-man CE no longer available?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vermifax, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Vermifax

Vermifax New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    When pulling up links to the appstore for pac-man CE even from namco's site I get 'Your request could not be completed. The item you've request is not currently available in the US store'.

I can't find it via searching in iTunes either.

Anyone know why it got pulled?

2. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Yup, it appears to be gone. No idea why it would have gotten pulled, there were no recent updates to it that could have caused problems or anything. Maybe they're updating it for an iPad version or something.

3. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

This is interesting, I went to buy the expansion pack and cannot buy it either.

Gives me a message saying I need a network connection.

David

4. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hmm, I'd have to guess it'll be back. It doesn't look like Namco is pulling an "Atari", all their other apps are still there. No idea why it was pulled though. Would be pretty annoying if I was unable to d'l the Expansion pack in the future if I switched to a new device. :(

5. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

I expect it back too.

Just checked to see if the expansion pack had been pulled too, and it looks like it was, hopefully just temporarily.

David

6. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Hadn't bought the expansion pack yet, was hoping to do so soon. There should really be more safeguards in the app store to prevent developers from arbitrarily pulling their apps without warning (just a clause in the license agreement stating that devs have to provide a "valid reason" for removing their app would be enough).

I really hope I won't have to jailbreak just to play the full game. :(

7. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Well, the game's back in store with new facebook update