Environmental friendly and useful apps vs. games.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

We just built our first environmentally friendly app. We eliminated the need for the paper trail associated with time sheets. We also eliminated the need for someone to travel from point A to point B, to hand in their time sheets. No more need for ink or punch clocks etc. Take a picture, start your day and the app does the rest. Take a picture at the end of the day(progress report )and email your info to the controller, the client and yourself. Even the controller has a lot less work dealing with summarized emails.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time-sheet-photo-verified/id398215884?mt=8

Wow all that with the use of the iPhone or iPod with camera.

Time Sheet (Photo Verified) really made me also realize how non -productive games really are. Actually we ( game designers) keep millions of people from contributing to society. We should be ashamed of ourselves for creating "time wasters" that help with the degradation of our real world.

In a Communist regime we would be incarcerated for wasting valuable resources. Only in the free world we are tolerated because of the billions of dollars the gaming industry generates every year. As a group we are leaches that feed of the boredom of many.

So my New Years advice and wish forwarded to all game developers on this forum would be....

Please stop developing games and start farming, there are simply too many of us chasing the same entertainment dollar. I hear potatoes are easy to grow and will be in high demand in 2011.

I wish all farmers a great year in 2011!

2. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    what the fuc* is this last 5 paragraphs. I click on this thinking maybe the guy thought there was more money in environmental friendly apps than games because of competition, read a paragraph about his app, then this??? From a pretty decent TA member?? is this a joke?

"Successful farmer"[​IMG]

Great Programmer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#3 Syndicated Puzzles, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    No joke! We are in trouble. When even a dream isn't realistic anymore a fruitful discussion on the overcrowding of the store is really worthwhile. The game section especially is riddled with redundancy making it next impossible for creativity to be discovered and rewarded.

4. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    OK. I see what you mean. There are much better professions than farmer and game developer. Such as.........[​IMG]

OR more realisticly, nursing is one of the fastest growing professions in the world.
    [​IMG]