Universal San Juan by Ravensburger [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mythbuster, Aug 1, 2012.

1. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered but a friend and I have tried to play SJ three times and each time our game connection broke anywhere from four turns in to halfway through the game.

Each of us had a message that the other had left the game.

This last time, we both even turned on "do not disturb" to ensure no interruptions.

Is this a known issue? Is a fix in the works? Thanks.

2. jhaile

jhaile New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    No async multiplayer

I just bought this game for $8 for the sole reason of playing it with my friends and wife online, only to realize after I purchased it that there is no async multiplayer. The first game we tried to play together, my "timer" ran out and it kicked me out of the game - RUINING our game. If your phone phone goes to sleep during the game, it tells the other person that you've disconnected and RUINS your game.

What a waste - this game isn't even playable for me..at least in multiplayer form, which is all I cared about. I really hope an async multiplayer version is on the way.:mad:

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Any official word of possibility of async MP?

4. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Finally bought it, run the tutorial and blam! This game is big fun. It is easy to learn (easier than La Havre), but I guess there are a lot of gamebit I need to dig into.

I tried "quick online" once but cannot find any match. Too bad. Even Lost Cities have async MP over GC (not ideal though), I serious think this needs async MP sooner.

5. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I am not very much into PR (even though I have the app), one example is the statue cards and the arc and getting them built can be a very powerful combination. (Reminds me of the Mechnia constructs in Ascension) And some cards seem to give you extra points, like the palace, in the endgame, which is not mentioned in the tutorial.

I am totally new to this so if I am wrong, please inform.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I don't have the rules in front of me but there are different types of color coded cards and one of those types (I think the purple ones) are always geared toward end game bonuses.

7. San Juan on sale!

★★★★★ For a short time only you can get our two strategy hits "San Juan" and "Puerto Rico" at a one time only special price. Grab them now and save more than 50% to the regular price ★★★★★

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from Ravensburger Digital!

8. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    When are you releasing the expansion?

9. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Not working with iOS 9

San Juan is not working with iOS 9.:( I sent an e-mail to Ravensburger, they know of the problem and said they are working on it. No information about when they expect to have it working.

10. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    It is a shame! I wrote it them on the first day of iOS9 ... no reaction up to now ... :mad:

11. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    San Juan's been updated! It works now. I've not had a chance to play a game yet, but it gets past the place where it crashed in the past.