Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Hey Dom, how about a list of what's left for those who can't see your habs? :)

2. RaeSwitchfoot

RaeSwitchfoot Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Queensland, Australia
    Sent an Americano your way :)

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Redoing my catalogue in black and white. Does anyone have a spare Magus, Veru or Signum? I can return the favor with any higher breed. My gc name is cygnetseven.

4. frogsinmypocket

frogsinmypocket Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    cygnetseven I'll send you a signum just need to acept my friend request I've sent you

5. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Frogsinmypocket, anything you'd like in return or shall I indiscriminately pelt you with a favorite.

6. frogsinmypocket

Nov 15, 2012
    I really need a bulbus frog but if you don't have one anything will do

7. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Got one.

8. frogsinmypocket

Nov 15, 2012
    #25388 frogsinmypocket, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    I look forward to getting him - oh just got him and thanks for the Lime Chroma Tessera - I'll send you a vera

9. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Hi BT !! Have you updated ? Do you have a GameCenter name ?
    Nice to hear from you :)

10. Shortbus123

Shortbus123 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    Thanks for the frogs....

Domenic - xxxxxx
    kikf - x
    laurafitz4 - xxx
    nirtex - xxxx
    unhommelibre - x
    lisianne - xx
    quossom - xx
    madmaze - x
    greenbezoar - x
    awboj - xxx
    dean288367 - xxx
    andiNZ - xxx
    danjarus - x
    martinz - x
    heeranc80 - x
    odhalia - x

11. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    First, thanks to all the people I've been trading with. I am kind of disorganized about who I send gifts too, so if I haven't gifted you frogs in return, I apologize. I gift pretty much every high-level frog I tame, but sometimes I can't remember who has recently gifted me, so I just go all random on my gifting. LOL

That was a great story.

Here is my story: I read Touch Arcade daily... and they did a story on Pocket Frogs when it first came out... not usually my kind of game, but it was free, so I downloaded it. I immediately thought that my wife and our kids would like it. At the time one of my kids had an iPod Touch. So I got it for them too, and we all started trading frogs.

Then my daughter kind of lost interest, but my wife and I worked together to get all the achievements. Then the "special" frogs started coming out, and then the weekly sets, etc. etc. All the time I was aware there was a trading community here, but had no desire to trade any more than just with my family.

But then... The Bulbus appears in a set. I had been checking the Pro Shop frogs every day, but apparently I missed the one and ONLY day the Bulbus had ever been there. So, I got on Google... and it led me to this thread. I asked kindly for a Bulbus, and I got like 5 of them. LOL

I was blown away by the kindness. I also got some Glass Chroma frogs from the traders here... and as you can see from my habitats, I got kind of enamored with that color scheme. ;)

My wife still plays, but its less teamwork and more gifting now... I do every weekly set, then I gift all 8 frogs to her. Kinda silly, but I think she likes checking the app to see that I was thinking of her and tamed and sent all the frogs. I also throw in the random nice looking frog or scenery. :D

Okay, so that concludes my story... and it's time for me to kindly make a request again. I have been collecting the new frogs (thanks everyone), and I'm down to the last few, and I figured I'd put up a list of the ones I still don't have to see if anyone has one to spare. I'm not in a hurry, but just trying to complete my set.

So I don't have (but can breed):
    Pluma
    Figularis
    Lunaris
    Palma
    Coclearis
    Infinitas
    Dimidius
    Symphonia

Can't breed yet because I am level 27:
    Gemma
    Frondis
    Pistrix
    Fractus
    Pulvillus
    Foramen
    Emblema

12. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thank yous
    olive mazeus - shortbus
    white mazeus - laura
    2 black tempums - andi
    blue nodare - mirxtech
    maroon fortuno - dom
    cocos figularis - lisi
    purple arcus - maholah

13. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Sent you a Pulvillius, Emblema, Pistrix and Dimidius. :)

14. frogsinmypocket

Nov 15, 2012
    Thanks for the frogs

Thanks Domenic for this weeks started set

Thanks cygnetseven for the shelbus

Mostly thank to both of you for the bulbus I now have 2 for this weeks set and I can now go back and complete some sets that I haven't been able to do.

:)

I'm one happy frog collector

15. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    #25395 Domenic15, Nov 16, 2012
    The game goes on and a winner should son be forthcoming. Remember, guess which of the new breeds was my 47th and receive 16 glass frogs of that breed. Here is lost of the breeds that have already been guessed. Only need the frog breed and not the exact frog.

Nirtew -My guess is your Blue Callaina Planeta, just because I haven't seen any Planetas.
    Awboj-Symphonia? Can't see your habs so 1/47 probability.
    Blue water27-Emblema (sp?)
    Danjarus-Yellow carota arcus
    MartiNZ-I'll go Purple Tingo Pyramis. Damn good looking frog even if it wasn't the last lol.
    Danjarus-My 2nd guess is the yellow pruni hennae
    Awboj-Favus
    BlueWater27 -My guess is Glass Caelus Hennae, Dom. I can't see your habs so I'm making a blind guess.
    Javarich-Domenic15, add the Azure Albeo Mazeus to the incorrect list.
    dlstar -I'm going to nominate the tangelo picea figularis.
    awboj -Nodare?
    Awboj-cornus
    Javarich-vicis
    Nirtew-Add Luneris.
    My next guess is skelitos just because you sent me one.
    Andinz1970-Dom: Americano?
    Danjarus-@dom
    Add tessera to your list. That was my third guess
    Is it the Spira
    Awboj-Janus

16. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    #25396 Domenic15, Nov 16, 2012
    Yes, I thought it was just a smiley face. Have received your invite and sent out the starter set. I still have five more sets available.

17. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I also guessed but don't remember what.
    For my second guess I would say Pyramis

18. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    #25398 sneeb, Nov 16, 2012
    Hi, Sneebdubple or 0.1.0 here :)

@Dom my guess is still Fortuno :D

Don't know if the game is still on?

P.s.
    I'm trying to collect all the new frogs and am missing 3 :(
    Frondis , Scutulata , & Nebula .

ohdhalia :D thank you, thank you for the Hennae :)

19. heeranc

heeranc Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    @domenic - my guess is foramen - if I can jump into the game

thanks to shortbus123 x2, giantrobocat x2, andinz, dlstar71, joellyno, javar1ch, kchaves27, madmaze

still have june bugs set if anyone wants it, wanna make room to make the harvest set

20. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #25400 lisianne, Nov 16, 2012
    Dis-claimer: FIRST, I DON'T WANT ANY PRIZE FROGS if I win - give them out randomly if I'm right.

Now, my guess, mainly because I haven't seen in pond or for sale in Mart or even in trade: some variety of Botulus. Maybe it's too toxic to breed.

Quite frond of you, Nirtew, but a good story is a good story. We should encourage such forays into creativity. Further, "we can't let our forum be dictated by fact checkers" (<--quote from our last froggie presidential election). As you recall, a Persona named Obaro won with Spira Agnew as the VP. Just another bit of Trivium, I thought I'd add.

Thanks soooo much Dom for both the Fortuna of receiving the Weekly Set. When all received & ready, will share.

Doubly thankful for the two Fractus frogs, Spear. This time the the mailman got it right. Right. :) And, like it or not, I always reciprocate.

Sent you a Foramen. Enjoy!

Will add your story to my froggie family scrap book. Thanks for the memories.

Well prior to finding this forum, I was checking new apps with one of those "best app in the world" finding apps. I stumbled upon PF & read the review. Only waaaay later did I realize why all those people, in lieu of review, were writing "add me!"

p.s.: Thanks to my ever faithful PF gifters for the wonderful new froggies: Thanks again to Dom for the Weekly Set & the Fortuna, Andi for the Fractus, spear for the 2 Fractus, JoEllyn for the 2 Biplex, meplie for the Igneous, & short for the Figularis.

p.p.s: Anyone else notice that there are fewer new frogs in the pond the last few days? When the update was first released they were as plentiful as the flies they eat. Now I get mainly coins, scenery, other frogs, & an occasional potion or stamp reward. Shouldn't complain, though, since with a full MB I couldn't keep what I found anyway!

p.p.p.s.: Political correctness (or rather apolitical insistence) forces me to say that I hope my political reference was taken as pure humor & nothing more. I just couldn't resist.