[Game Idea] Fitmon: Role-Playing Game motivating players to be more active

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kaizenkoh, Sep 1, 2015.

1. kaizenkoh

kaizenkoh Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 23, 2015
    Chief Evangelist
    Singapore
    #1 kaizenkoh, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Just want to judge interest and get ideas for such a game (questions below description)...

Game description: Fitmon, a mobile monster role-playing game (RPG) where you get to rear monsters, go on epic adventures in the story mode, and build the strongest party in the world with PVP battles. Train your pets and level up by battling your enemies using special skills. Double your fun! Fitmon also tracks your steps on your phone! Besides in-game battles, you can level up your monsters by walking or running. The more your walk or run, the more in-game experience points and item rewards you get. Don't just play the in-game battles, get on your feet and stay active for your pet and they become stronger to battle and beat your foes!

1. Target audience: Mobile RPG players. Teenagers and above

**Is it suitable for this target audience?**

**If you are a mobile RPG player, will you be interested in the extra 'activeness features' at all?**

2. Art style: Fantasy RPG

**What do you think of the art style?**
    **Which countries you think will be interested in such art style?**

2. kaizenkoh

Patreon Bronze

Jun 23, 2015
    Chief Evangelist
    Singapore
    Been researching

Been researching competitors to see if there are similar products. 2 stand out though they are not RPG games. Walkr and Wokamon.

These 2 are more collection based and adventure. Walkr tracks steps for you to unlock and grow planets while Wokamon is purely about collecting pet monsters.

This is quite a new idea though. We want to balance both the 'fitness' aspect and the gameplay aspect out, so players can enjoy both at the same time or either or. Will this be too confusing ? What would RPG players enjoy more or want to focus on? Will they enjoy just 1 or both?

3. kaizenkoh

Patreon Bronze

Jun 23, 2015
    Chief Evangelist
    Singapore
    Just to share more about the art style, here's a pre mock up of one of our monsters in an environment. How'd ya find it?

[​IMG]

4. Miza

Miza Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Awesome art and I love the idea!
    Please for the love get it to sync with fitbit and I will be sold!

5. kaizenkoh

Patreon Bronze

Jun 23, 2015
    Chief Evangelist
    Singapore
    Yea, we are looking to sync with the various popular wearables if people want it. Thanks for the compliment too!

6. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Art is really nice and I enjoyed the two games you mentioned - I think I'll enjoy this even more!
    The art style has a universal appeal, I think most cultures will like it. I think it's quite nice and makes a much-awaited break from the flat-minimalist look.
    I like the concept but seeing as I enjoyed the other 'active idle' games, I'm probably not the best to judge on that.
    Looks nice!