Best 4x game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gamer1st, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Empire Deluxe is a genius war game!

But the best 4x game ever is Spaceward Ho! You will learn the rules within 5 minutes but you will never master it ... and it has one of the best AI ever made in Computer history. It learns, has different strategies and works really great!

2. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    No! Just try it ... it is still very simple to learn and play! And you can adjust the AI Level from IQ 40 to IQ 200 ... ;)

3. NeilN

NeilN Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't disagree - I've been playing it since the Apple II version. I'm just saying very few people would put it in the 4X genre.

4. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep, that is why I called it 'Wargame' ... in my opinion it is a Wargame, not a 4x ... and yes, I played it first on my Amiga 2000 ... many years ago ... :)

5. JEMelby

JEMelby Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Does anyone have current info on this release specifically for iOS? I joined the developers forum to inqure, but all posts/replys require moderator approval. My posts either raised questions the developer doesn't want asked, or the moderators don't check for new messages very often... None of my posts are making it live.

Looks to be a really interesting game - a real "itch scratcher"