iPhone Fieldrunners 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Breezer23

Breezer23 New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Looking forward to the iPad release! Any plans on an Android version? My Nexus 7 is lonely!

2. AtomicAlec

AtomicAlec Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Awesome! We're actively looking into Android stuff, so we hope to have something for you soon :)

3. DavidGQ

DavidGQ Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    For me personally, I will wait and get the Ipad. If a game is not universal, I prefer the Ipad version since, at my age, I can't play on the small Iphone screen anymore. It's been a long wait but hope it's worth it.

4. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Completely understandable! Hopefully the wait won't be much longer.

For a detailed explanation of what's going on with the iPad version: At this point, we've recreated most of the artwork for the higher resolution iPad Retina display, so we are getting closer. Designers have been working in parallel to add a few new features, and the engineers have been working on iCloud, as well as new features. QA should be able to begin checking the game for bugs after the art is done and 25% of the new features have been added. I'm anticipating 1-2 weeks of QA time and 1-2 weeks for Apple's review process. Fortunately, a lot of this stuff can happen in parallel, but I still don't have a precise date. Stay tuned!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

5. Breezer23

Breezer23 New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Love the customer support here. If you do release one for Android... Please don't neuter it like you did with the original release. My favorite levels aren't in the Android version.

6. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Android was a little tricky for the original game because, believe it or not, that code base wasn't really designed to handle all the ports that we eventually used it for. With Fieldrunners 2, we built an entirely new engine that would be more agreeable with ports, so I think we'll be able to avoid any issues like that. Porting the original game to Android was a good learning experience, and it has helped ensure that we're going to do a fantastic job with Fieldrunners 2. I'm really looking forward to hearing what folks think of that build when it comes out.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

7. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Any news?

iPad release date?

Any new info...

8. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010

Smells like vapourware.

9. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Haha :) The good news is it's coming out way sooner than we expected. The bad news is that we still don't have an ETA. Expect an announcement about the ETA before the end of the month.

Thanks for your patience!

10. GURU2028

GURU2028 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    #70 GURU2028, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    Interview with Subatomic Studios: We put FIELDRUNNERS 2

Continuing the theme of the interview with the developers, and all thought someone more interesting would be to do this. In the end, I focused my attention on the beautiful game FIELDRUNNERS 2, the developers of which are Subatomic Studios. Frankly, the game really liked me and I decided to take an interview with them, so to speak learn will in the future we FIELDRUNNERS 3 - at that, I got an interesting answer not only the question, but to many others. And so, all read quite extensive and very interesting communication between iDow.ru and Subatomic Studios.

http://www.idow.ru/intervyu/422-intervyu-s-razrabotchikami-subatomicstudios-govorim-ob-fieldrunners-2.html

11. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Pretty cool that we were able to do an interview like this for our Russian fans :)

12. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Wasn't it supposed to be about a month behind the iphone version? Or am I just remembering that wrong?

Will it still use your progress from the ipad version?

13. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    No, you are remembering it correctly. Sigh! The anticipation for this is fading fast from the must have, can't wait game, to becoming the game for my iPad I keep forgetting I am waiting for....

:mad:

14. sangreal

sangreal Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Nice

Nice TD Game

15. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Yeah, it would have been ideal if we could have gotten this out sooner, but we'd rather put the time in to make sure that the iPad version is awesome than release it early in a less awesome state. For the record, the whole "Month after the iPhone version" was just a guess on my part, definitely not an official statement :)

Hope to have more news for you guys soon! Thanks for hanging in there.

16. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Probably sounds harsh but I am getting bored waiting. As much as I like Fieldrunners 2 (It's great) I'm still waiting for this update to fix Game Center and other bugs. I have deleted it from my phone and put it on my iPad (Looks great on the new iPad at 2x) and will probably pass on the iPad version now.

Also still waiting for the update to fix the iPad version of the original Fieldrunners. I'm sure it was February that they said that it would be soon. Now it's almost September and it's still not here.

As far as updates go (For fixes etc NOT content) it's a pretty poor show.

17. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Yep, I definitely apologize for all these delays. We should have an ETA for the iPad version by the end of the week-ish though, so I'll be sure to keep people posted. The iPhone update is still with Apple and it's listed as "In Review" so hopefully that will be ready to go soon.

I talked to the team yesterday about the Fr1 iPad update and it sounds like it will go out shortly after the FR2 iPad launch. It's in the schedule, so it definitely shouldn't be much longer - hopefully in the next month or so.

Sorry for all the delays, but I really appreciate your patience! Our team is quite a bit smaller than our ambitions, so it can be tough for us to rapidly crank out updates when we're juggling so many different projects. Not to say that's an excuse, just sharing some insight into our situation. Regardless, we want to continue working on providing the best experience possible, so expect fixes to all the issues you mentioned very soon!

18. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Hey

Thanks for the quick response and thank you for the honesty. It's totally refreshing. Looking forward to the updates. :)

19. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Hey, you're not Phil Fish. So it's ok, thanks for telling us instead of yelling at us like he did on IndieGame, that douchebag.

Personally I can't wait! Haven't got it on iPhone, don't want to spoil the experience when it most certainly will be better(crosses fingers) on the iPad. Especially the new one.

20. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Oh boy, this just made me laugh so hard. The whole office is chuckling about it now :) You certainly know how to compliment someone!

You will hear more about the iPad version in the next two weeks :)

In the meantime, we just launched the update for the iPhone version, so anyone in this thread waiting for that patch should go check it out.

Thanks for being awesome, guys!