Cardrenaline

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Apr 22, 2009.

1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #1 LBG, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
    Hey, I just spotted this game currently in development. "Cardrenaline - A city racing game with heavy car pimping abilities".

[​IMG]

http://iphonefreakz.com/2008/06/04/decane-developing-3-games-for-the-appstore-balls-of-steel-bubble-space-cardrenaline/

Although this should be no competitor for NFS and Real Racing, it does look interesting. When I first looked at the screenshot I thought 'miniture GTA IV'. Although it could possibly involve some car based free roaming, I mean, free roaming games tend to have a horn, which this game has. Just a possibility.

Anyone know any more information? Any opinions?

2. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    wow looks great!! possibly a destruction app.

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah. Do you remember that old PS1 game "Carmageddon"? It could be somthing like that.

4. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the thread title. I used to own Carmageddon on the N64 and thought it was great... until I went round my friends house and saw that his PC version was full of the old red stuff.............. damn you nintendo :mad: (love you really :eek:)

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Holy cow, Carmeggedon. What a great game. That screenshot obviously is taking place inside the iPhone emulator, since there's no reason that you'd be controlling with a keyboard otherwise. Or maybe it's a photoshop? It's kind of strange this is the first thing we've heard of it.

But... If it has car pimping...

[​IMG]

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This isn't the first TA has heard of Cardrenaline. Arm had a article about this the end of last year. Full Control Aps has had this on their site for some time (along with some other awesome concept games) (also Wit Entertainment). I thought this had been scrapped along with most of the other concepts?

Anyway, Maybe Smack Boxing and Electrocute revenues have them reinvigorated to continue development on this...lets hope.

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    The game looks GREAT! I mini GTA IV :eek:

8. Morti

Morti Well-Known Member

Hehe, just stumbled by accident over this posting. I'm the developer of the game. Originally we (Thomas Lund -> Full Control, Magnus Blikstad -> Wit) planned to release this as web and iPhone game, but it got discontinued one day. I recently picked up the idea and have already something playable, but it is not yet ready (not even near) for a release. Getting Carmageddon (one of my fav. all-time games) to work on the iPhone is truely hard. I thought about picking the best things out of Carmageddon like smacking cows, ppl and all that and make a small racing game out of it. This is the idea of it so far, some tech that is working already, but not a complete game yet nor finished concept. Ideas? Suggestions?

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I guess this is cancelled..

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Depressing, isn't it? I felt just as bad about Legion of Amon, Kindred Spirits and that tank shooter game with the yellow background.

We should make a thread rounding up all these once promising games. Not any crap, just the ones that looked special once upon a time.

11. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Pretty much the seven games I revived today, excluding the few new ones.