Shadowgun Deadzone - Online Multiplayer Unity Shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lumothesinner, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalslime

metalslime Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Looks like the exact same game, but with multiplayer. So did I get ripped off by paying $5 for the gimp, buggy, single player version of the game?

2. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    if you bought it for the multiplayer update madfinger announced. later they said it would be a new game. that got a lot of people mad

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    My guess it will be amazing on the 5g but touch 4g it will crash a lot.

BTW how is shadow gun on the iPhone 5 and touch 5g?

4. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

I stand corrected. Sir. Hopefully this will come to iOS.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's coming. Multiplayer betas are just easier to do on Android because of App Store rules.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #66 Rip73, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Considering the multiplayer will be free (with optional iap), how exactly did you get ripped off?

And isn't a multiplayer version of a game simply just that, a multiplayer version of a singleleplayer game (in the majority of cases)??

So, yes, it is the exact same game but the multiplayer version of it.

That I am sure has been heavily updated graphically and gameplay wise considering how long it is in development.

7. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ok guys, I just spent some time with Deadzone on my Tegra 3 tablet.

Lo, behold, it is the most graphically impressive online multiplayer game in the history of mobile gaming, w/o a doubt! There are lots of playable characters, 4 for now in the Beta. Lots of different weapons w/ diff capabilities (you can only carry 3). If you ask me, the ONLY reason they made Dead Trigger was to prepare for Deadzone's IAP implementation, because a lot of the consumables/cheats are the same.

Speaking of the game, you are locked to regions (US, EU, Asia etc). Some may be frustrated at this, but it works simply because there is ZERO lag. I played the closed Beta (which was done on a EU server), and being from Asia the lag was unbearable. Not the case here.

For the Beta, IAPs are not here yet, but I fear the IAPs will ruin the game (think of the Dead Trigger consumables at work here - turrets etc). Nova 3 mp also had IAPs (and up at $99 at that!), but really those were highly unnecessary I feel because there were not much consumables. The only big difference was the jetpack there, but even that everyone could easily obtain. I fear for the worse here though.

All in all, Deadzone is smooth and polished. But it lacks a certain 'soul' that I'd say even Nova 3 had. Maybe its because this is 3rd person, I don't know. If you want my frank opinion, Madfinger would have been better off making a co-op mode in DT than a full blown Shadowgun mp.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for that info. Much appreciated.

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Thanks! About the IAP, it sucks. Even MC3 wasn't balanced towards IAP, but if this game will share DT's balance, I will avoid this for sure.

10. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    @defred34 - yes, thank you for the info and do you know is there/will it support local wi-fi?

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Sounds like the multiplayer is shaping up about like I thought it would become.

12. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Looks cool hope it works on all my devices :0). then time to shot some people bang bang pow pow

13. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Pew pew pew I can't wait for this game!

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  15. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Ok a release date is still not out but I found some news from tegra zone news artical claiming it will be out in a cupple of weeks on the iOS so maybe at the end of October?

16. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Hopefully Madfinger will confirm a date for iOS. Until then its just speculation.

17. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Sadly, to my knowledge, no. If they would implement that through...it would be mighty awesome!

Imagine playing with your buddies (cross platform would be better!!) over local wifi or bluetooth, with almost zero lag. Add to the fact the game is free and I see it becoming very popular. But then, MadFinger will depend on IAPs, and allowing people to play mp locally wouldn't spur them towards IAPs.

18. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    From what I gather, this open Beta is gonna be for about 2 weeks. Then the game will launch with v1.0 on presumably both Android and iOS.

The real selling point of this game is the cover based mechanic. But, I've already played it for 3 hours and rarely use it because you can be easily spotted. One rocket launcher towards your direction and you're dead. If Madfinger comes up with a special mode like Instagib on Nova 3 with only one weapon selection, I'll be over the moon.

19. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I love the UI on Madfinger games and the overall smoothness of gameplay. This will be fun to play when it comes out. I'm wondering how much this will cost?

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This will be freemium.