Before and after edit button?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by chris1a, Nov 29, 2011.

1. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Some sites use that function where you can press a "before edit" button to bring up the original post to read the original post before someone edited it. Obviously nothing crucial but would make people think twice before posting. Just an idea that would be a fun (and sometimes useful) thing. :)

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Would definitely make me look dumb I tend to post without thinking to much and when I'm half asleep I almost always have to fix spellings and sometimes I've wrote things that were just plain wrong which I've hurried to correct.

Not a bad idea in that I do think it would probably make me reread before hitting the button but would almost definitely catch me out a few times anyway.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure it's a good idea. It'd likely just lead to unnecessary arguments about things people didn't even mean to say. It's easy to write something you'll later regret in the heat of the moment, and users should be allowed a chance to change their minds.

Plus you'll see all of my ridiculous typos.

4. Danielfang7

Danielfang7 Well-Known Member

i think people would "troll" too much with it, like the people on other forum websites. and people make mistakes and cover them up, thats just how it is, finding other people's mistakes isnt very important