We need some testers via testflight please

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Balloon Loons, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hi everyone. We are just about done putting the final touches on Balloon Loons and we could use your help. Is anyone available to do some beta testing via testflight? We would add your name as well as the name of your app (if applicable) in our end credits.

We could really use your advice on how we can improve!

Thank you in advance for your time.

To begin downloading Balloon Loons on your iPad, please register/sign in below.#
    http://bit.ly/p7S5Z1

2. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #2 kzwen, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    E: Look at the post under.

3. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
  4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just signed up. Hopefully an iPad 2 will be sufficient.

5. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Oh yea. iPad 2 is just fine. The app is universal. Thanks for signing up!

6. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Guys. Thank you for registering! We had more requests than I thought we would! That's awesome. If you still want to test please let us know. The more the merrier :)

7. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Hey guys, just a heads up....we have to make a quick fix in the AI before we have you play it. Some kind of bug causing a bit of lag on the iphone 4 that needs to be solved. Sorry about that. I will let you know as soon as it's fixed and we can upload the new code to test flight.

Thank you!

8. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Ok guys. The fix is in place though there is still some optimization that needs to be done but you can try it out now. We have a temporary feedback form inside the app so please fill it out with your feedback. Please post your name and app name (if applicable), so we know where to give credit, on the form.

9. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Hmmm....there seems to be a big in the test flight install....anyone else getting it? The download works to about half way but seems to be an issue that isn't happening to everyone.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Did you pull the install, because I'm not seeing it in my list.

11. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Balloon Loons 1.0 (1.0) #10 is now up on testflight. If you registered, you should have a notification with the new invite. Please let me know if anyone has any trouble and we will do our best to try to figure it out. But it should be ok now. Please take a look. And so sorry about the problems. Seems to have been some issue with copyrighting.

Thank you!!

12. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    The install should be working properly now. Please check your emails for the updated code. And don't forget to fill out the temporary feedback form that will pop up throughout the app. Thanks!

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Is it too late to help beta test for this? If it is, it's allright. Not sure when the game will actually be released. Looks promising! Thanks either way, and good luck with the game. Will PM you my info for the Testflight install anyway in case!

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Don't see any discussion from testers here, so I don't know if we should or not, but I'm going to anyway. I've only played 4 levels so far (a quick car trip), but I like it. If I didn't know any better I'd say you guys were fans of the old Nintendo game Balloon Fight! If you're too young for that then you should check it out, because this game reminds me a lot of that one, which is a good thing. I used to love that game. So at this point it seems like the other creatures are running away from you. If I'm perceiving that correctly, will it always be the case?

Next time one of those feedback forms comes up I'll fill it out. I just couldn't the first time because I didn't have internet connectivity when I was playing.

15. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Bigrand1 no it's not too late. Just click that link and we will approve you. Thank you!

16. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Pointoflight. I'm really happy to hear you like it! It's our first game ever and we put alot of work into it. I was a big fan of balloon fight myself! The rabbits are programmed to be somewhat intelligent in that they do know how to run away if they know they will lose a battle. For example if you are in a better position than they are or if you have a strong powerup like invincible. The key is to taunt them out of hiding by making them attack if you are in a vulnerable place. There is a bit more tactical play here than ballon fight. Also worth mentioning the enemies are more effective on the iPad version. This is because we had to dumb down pathfinding on iPhone due to processing lag. So the ai is actually set up totally different on the two versions.

Thank you for the feedback. Please do fill out the form so we know where to give credit. And if you have any more feedback please let us know. We are working hard to make our first game as good as we possibly can!

17. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Hi Pointoflight....I just wanted to follow up with you about the rabbits running away. So we fixed a calculation bug there and the enemies are now just about perfect and much more effective. Thank you for bringing this my attention! We also fixed some bugs with the AI based on your comment. I think we are now ready to upload to the app store finally!

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's great to hear. I'm sorry I didn't get more of a chance to spend with the game, but I'm glad I at least got to try it out. Balloon Fight is probably one of my favorite Nintendo games, and it's fun to see a modern game with that style of game play. Hopefully it will do really well for you.

19. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    That's ok don't be sorry. I really appreciate you taking a moment to try it out! You ended up helping alot. I hope you can give the final version a shot. Thank you for the well wishes!

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I downloaded the latest version of Balloon Loons and I noticed I'm not getting the feedback form any more. I assume that's because this is the "gold" version so to speak? I did notice a couple of things when I was playing.

1. When you die, how many balloons should you start with? There were a couple of rounds where it seemed like I'd toggle between 1 and 2 balloons when I started again after dying.

2. Should the bunnies on balloons be able to pop yours? Maybe I've just always missed when it happened, but it seems like so far my balloons have only been popped by the bunnies throwing water balloons.