Will Super Monkey Ball 2 be removed from the app store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bungie.net, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    Im trying to decide if i should get Super Monkey Ball 2.
    Everyother review on the game says it doesnt work on the 3gs.
    I have a 3g ipod touch, so does anyone think the game might be pulled from the app store for it not working on some 3gs ipods?

2. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Hi Bungie, I loved Halo 3 btw

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It works fine on my 3Gs. It's likely that the people who are having problems all have jailbroken phones (in fact, a workaround has been thoroughly discussed in the main SMB2 thread). I doubt that Sega would pull a game that only fails on hacked devices.

4. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Don't J/B your device and it will be fine. SEGA don't care about Hackers having problems so they won't pull it off

5. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    this may be off topic but how do you feel about gameloft live? its basically a copy of xbox live?

6. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    ya, it is...gameloft is coping a lot of things
    modern_combat ..............................
    modern warfare............................... and how odst is orbital drop shock troopers and nova is near orbital.

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I think it will get removed...
    Also, I feel bad for you lol, because everyone is asking you questions...

Oh btw, are you gonna sue gameloft for making Nova? :p

8. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

I do not see this being pulled.

If it turns out the problems reported are happening with non jail broke devices, then it may.

There is an issue of Brothers In Arms that I heard that it does not run on jailbroke devices, still in the appstore.

Feels like the same situation here.

My thought, you want to play the game, restore your device and enjoy.

Or just deal with it.

Just because jail breaking gives one more control, there are tradeoffs.

This is one.

I am jail broke and if I decide to get this, I will restore my device and enjoy the game, not complain about how this is unfair for it to not work on jail broke devices.

This post covers the topic rought up by the OP but is not really directed towards them.

More directed to all those in the SMB2 thread complaining about this being unfair, to those, suck it up and stop complaining.

David

9. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    i have a jailbroken device and i dont plan on getting SMB2, but i doubt they would pull it unless it was an immense bug that effected EVERYONE!!

and what, does this guy work for microsoft or something hence u guys asking about halo and xbox? :confused:

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    As I mentioned above, there is a workaround for jailbroken devices -- it works if you start up in safe mode.

Funny thing is, when I made pretty much the same point you've just made on the SMB2 thread, I got accused of being 1) and Apple shill out to scare people away from jailbreaking, 2) a boring hectoring schoolmarm, and 3) and anti-jailbreaking fanatic. Granted, all those accusations were made by the same person -- guess some people are a bit sensitive about the issue.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Well, his board name is "Bungie.net." People are just riffing on that.

12. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

I did read the thread and the comments by you and about you.

Sometimes people just need to complain and that is what I got out of the comments.

As for the workaround, I did see that posted also but this is still not likely to stop the complaining.

Again, some people need something to complain about.

Looks like a great game and if this issue just affects jail broke devices, it would be a shame for it to be pulled.

David

13. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Just stay away from Sega's crap. I brought the first super monkey ball and almost gave up on iPhone gaming. All their games are crap. Sega is crap. A big one too.

14. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Hey, mind giving reasons for your opinion?

15. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

smb was an is one of the better games on the iphone/touch don't blame the game if u aren't good at it.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Anybody who uses the word crap three times on a two line post is unlikely to be able to (or willing to) articulate the reasoning behind his or her opinion.

17. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    The just-released 1.1 works just great on JB phones.

18. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Multiplayer demo video posted to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQsS8Cn8XM

I will also soon (in 1-2 days) post a more elaborate post on the game to the multiplayer update / news catch-up thread ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=419463 ) and, finally, may also update the main multiplayer article here at the User Reviews forum (see http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=34037 ). The latter will only be done later (if the quality of the title warrants it, that is).

NOTE: the usual remarks explained at the bottom of http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=660985&postcount=10 (see section “4. The videos”) apply – that is, 3G vs. 3G S speed comparison; only one player etc.

19. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    It's true, i had a jailbroken iPhone 2G, Brothers in arms didn't work, but on my non jailbroken 3gs it works.
    But don't jailbreak, you get a couple of features but it's not worth the risk.
    when you install 3d party apps from cydia or something like that you risk alot! there's no restrictions or security...
    I just hope that Apple will soon begin making themes for iPhone and putting them on the appstore or something, come on allmost every other mobile phone has themes...

-Frej444

20. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    I didn't like smb 1 in the start... so i eventually deleted it, later i thought "Whatever" and downloaded it again, and i gave it a chance, and it was probably the best game i played then.. later need for speed undercover came and helped iPhone gaming industry ;D
    Btw did any of you hear that Fallout may be coming to iPhone? not soon, but bethesda said that they'd prob make it, but their ideas was a little ahead of iPhone gaming, but with the 3gs they said they might be able to make it! and not crap like rogue planet graphs, real 3D like in Fallout 3!
    Fallout 3 is prob one of my fav games :D i can also quote Matthew Perry for saying "I played so much Fallout 3, that i had to go and see a hand doctor" Lol :D

-Frej444