ZenDots - Drop some dots!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Little White Bear Studios, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    [​IMG]

Coming April 16th!

Feeling stressed out?
    Take a few minutes to relax, and drop some dots!

ZenDots mixes two very familiar genres into something new! ZenDots merges the concepts of pinball and Breakout together, with a dash of Nyquil thrown in to help you chill out. ItÂ’s a colorful punching bag sort of thing!

ZenDots will be available on April 16th for free!
    [Universal, iOS 8.0 or higher]

2. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Oh, cool! I love your games very much. I have all the full versions of your relaxing games and play them a lot. Anything with "frantic" or "fast reflexes" in the description is a no-go for me, but your nice relaxing games are an instabuy. The "zen" and "NyQuil" mentioned here give me great hope for ZenDots!!

3. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Awesome, glad you're enjoying our relaxing games! We do try to mix it up a bit between relaxing and frantic, as we definitely have a bit of a split in our fan base. Rest assured, ZenDots is designed to be very relaxing. It does take a little bit of practice to develop some basic pinball skills, if you are new to that genre. But once the basic skill set is there, ZenDots is very relaxing. At least it is for me, anyway. What you see in the video is exactly how the game plays. So if that looks relaxing to you, it probably will be. :)

4. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Well, that is one of my purchases for this week, for sure! Thanks for keeping us relaxing game lovers in mind. I know fast-based games are very popular. It's good to know a developer who does make games for both types of their fan base! :)

5. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    This looks promising. I see it's free and was wondering if there will be ads. If so, will there be an IAP option to remove them? That'd be great. Last question: will there be audio options (ability to mute music but keep sound effects)?Looking forward to Thursday!

6. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Excellent, thanks!

7. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Here's how the monetization works:
    You get 3 dots (balls) to complete a level. When you run out, you have the option of restarting the level, or acquiring extra dots to finish where you left off. If you watch a short video ad, you get one extra dot, which can be repeated however many times you feel like, given there are enough ads available for you to view. You can also purchase dot packs via IAP, if you find yourself needing a lot of extra dots all the time.

The entire monetization is hidden from the main gameplay. The only way to access it is to tap the "extra dot?" text that appears when you've run out of dots on your level. You will never see an ad, unless you specifically choose to see an ad. Nor will you be badgered to buy anything ever.

You can disable/enable both the sound and the music independently via the menu. You can access the menu by touching the "ZenDots" name at the very top of the game screen.