Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    prison break in Nagasaki!

another bux only prize!

2. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #8582 Faye Valentine, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    You were given some pretty good advice.

I'm not very good with #2, but I do notice the impact on the job pool when I have fewer airports. I'll keep a couple airports open after an event to send off the remaining layovers (especially if they're high value), and sometimes discover a day or two later that I still hadn't closed the airport(s). I notice the job pool improvement after closing those old event airports.
    So yes, fewer airports help in these events. However it's not impossible with more airports. Right now I have 13 airports, and still managed to climb up to the Top 10 in the San Diego event. I think Vic has even more airports than me, and he's ranked higher in this event.

I've been in and out of the Top 10 during this event, mostly shuffling around in the Top 15. Made a push near the end as I realized I should try to get more mystery parts. :D

Here's the leaderboard snapshot from ~10 minutes before event end.

Edited to add:
    I don't know why they can't fit all 10 on the screen. Here's 9 & 10:
    9. 3,983 (coastcat)
    10. 3,983 (greenpaper)

Edited again to add:
    UGH!!! Nagasaki, with its close proximity to other class 3 cities = BOREDOM!!!

Attached Files:

3. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Top 10 end result San Diego event TAO:

1. 7006
    2. 5105
    3. 4375
    4. 3634
    5. 3278 - Me
    6. 3111
    7. 2395
    8. 2522
    9. 2395
    10. 2230

Notice I don't have a single friend in top 10 this time, needles to say, I've now joined TA1...

Now to get my roos from San Diego to Nagasaki without putting them in the hangar... :)

4. jh3210

jh3210 Member

Sep 22, 2012
    So far my Nagasaki cargo and passengers are not blue, nor do they look like they are involved in a prison break. Isn't the local prison break event cargo only? Cakes if I am correct

5. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Prison break is cargo only yes. This means a sloooow race for me as my entire fleet is M's and I'm not buying/swapping 28 planes for a bux only event lol.

I've now sent a ballon from Nome to Wellington, not using the most efficient way, it's going to take 1D 17H flight time :)

And my roos will have to make a 3H 16M min flight from San Diego to start competing in Asia :) Slow paced event start ftw...

6. jh3210

jh3210 Member

Sep 22, 2012
    #8586 jh3210, Nov 1, 2012

7. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Hi folks. Relharn here. I've been following this forum on and off since before PP came out. In fact, I wound up here as it was the only place I could find reliable information on the release date!

I joined TA (now TAO I suppose) right from the start, but apart from the Brisbane event right near the beginning (I think it was the second global event) where I put in a couple of hundred jobs I haven't put in the hard yards like the regulars here do and have usually done the bare minimum to qualify for the prize.

That all changed with the San Diego event. After lurking on this forum I took a few strats on board and went all out for mystery parts. And then I couldn't stop. Good thing my boss works in another state cos I found myself taking PP breaks when I should have been working. :)

I have 19 planes. I started the event doing the LA - San Diego round trip with four Roos and feeding LA with my class 2 planes, and then brought in my five class 3 planes as well. Roughly a day in to the event I decided to try out PP on my iMac and ended up buying Mapple parts whenever they came up. I finished with four Mapples doing the San Diego run supplemented by a couple of Roos when required.

As a side note, I was also running a Roo on the Buenos Aires - Punta Arenas route and two Supergophers on the Santiago - Easter Island route to get the respective achievements (stupid me didn't realise until I'd already completed about 40 jobs that Lima was closer to Easter Island than Santiago, so I had built two SuperGs to sloooowly work towards the achievement when my Blimp could have done the job quite happily).

Anyway, I finished the event with 5105 jobs (it's staggering how quickly they add up) and went from low level 26 to a touch under level 28.

I thought I'd say hi because you guys look like a nice friendly community, and what better a place to help me out with my PP fix. :)

PS. Sorry I wasn't your friend Pondus. :-(

8. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Just gonna do this event as practice. :D

9. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I'm going for top 20 this time. Let's see how I do.

So, the jobs you complete away from a network still count, but they don't update until you connect to wifi/3g?

10. simtom

simtom Member

Jun 18, 2012
    E.U.
    I've just read your story and I really like it! Nice job! When can we expect the next episode?

11. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Gutted!!! Just done a trade with ruffy an lost everything crashed my game I'm level 1!! Can anyone on ta1 please donate me planes I can't believe it I was level 38 and had heeps of planes :(

Please help

PT

12. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    #8592 Bluebear88, Nov 1, 2012
    @CastlePage I didn't think I was ever in the top ten the last day of the event. I kept PP open the whole time I was sending jobs to make sure I didn't lose any and luckily I only crashed once yesterday. I'm just no match for CoastCat xD
    I believe Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg already made The Next Episode ;)

Edit @PerfectTrumpet: I'll send over a few blimps to help with the early levels and future events.
    Edit2: I started thinking, you've probably lost your balloons too so I sent one of them as well, just to help with recollecting the rare ones. I'd send more but I figure they aren't very helpful and are not worth all the crashes xD

I just finished counting my take from the San Diego event and I managed to grab:
    30 balloons ad 7 extra parts from 97 mystery boxes. Plus the event reward balloon.
    And 2000 bux roughly give or take a 100.
    Not too bad, although I'm sure there are others who swamped my totals.

13. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I think I won't be playing PP very much these couple of days. Plus, I'm not exactly sure how I'll be shipping cargo to Seoul or Tokyo given that most of the bux jobs seem to be cargos as well :(

Bluebear: you were on the top10 leaderboard while I was writing my post. I didn't see coastcat until later.

97 mystery boxes is a lot. I have only one third of your boxes despite more jobs :(

Sorry Faye, I wasn't watching PP too much these days. I didn't see you until last nite or this morning.

jiayou danttt

I have sent you a C-mohawk. May you get back to LVL 38 quickly.

14. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Hmm, maybe it's because I overloaded LA with layovers and ten full sequoias with jobs and bux rushed them all before I went to bed. That might have been enough to temporarily take tenth I guess. I finished 12th xD

15. zekeamf

zekeamf Active Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Mine did that once as well, if you had iCloud enabled you may be able to recover it. That is how I got mine back, disable iCloud, shut off PP bring it back up and enable it again, then restart it. On the Nimbilbit site they talk about it there.

16. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    GC request sent. I'll send you a Roo-m to help get back in the air.

17. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    #8597 green_paper, Nov 1, 2012
    I also sent you a Kangaroo-P...

18. I have to write another one one? It said nothing in the fine print about that!

Also, just gonna say, people can put the story around the internet, but giving full credit for the story to me

19. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    #8599 Perfect trumpet, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    i have it enabled but couldnt get it sorted :( so lost everything

got it thanks

got it thanks

please help me people

20. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Then did you receive the C-mohawk I sent? I sent C-mohawk because of the global event. And I thought if you re-start in Japan, Nagasaki is one of the first cities I think. Do you still need more planes? What level are you at now?