Real Football 2011 by Gameloft (new Gameplay Trailer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by weisome, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    #1 weisome, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

David Villa/Barcelona FTW. Champions league is ours this year. ;).

Anywho - this game looks suckish just from the 8-way control system. EAmobile have adapted to the fluid 360-degree mechanic, so should Gameloft.

3. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Do you even live in Spain? If you don't, then <_<. Supporting more than 1 team or a team FTL if that's the case,

Arsenal for life, although highbury and islington is a scary place there's nothing like the atmosphere and pure footballing class.

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    It looks alright, but I think Fifa 11 and PES 11 will be much better.
    Sports games have never really been Gameloft's thing.

5. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Gameloft needs to step up badly in the graphic's department, I'll probably be getting this because it should have online multiplayer though.

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    +1
    Fifa and PES seem to really step up their efforts with their next release. Real Football will unfortunately be the poor man's football game. Or just for casual users who only know dribbling from the goal line and score incredible goals all the time.

Anyway, that's just my assumption, I won't say anything more until the game's released.

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Is that really David Villa?

8. dirttyplaya

dirttyplaya Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Birmingham UK
    Gameloft sort out graphics. Put the ball in the hands at throw ins cause it's floating above there hands again like 2009-2010 versions come on its childish. Step ur graphics up and ur sells will rise to

9. WunDaii

Hell yeah it is. :).

10. WunDaii

I don't live in Spain, but about half my family is Spanish. I don't care though, to be honest I don't believe that 'because you live in an area you should support it'. Seriously, you should support the team that you think puts in the most effort and plays their very best. Barcelona - FTW.

Anywho, I hope Gameloft add something nice to this game to get my mind off the 8-way d-pad.

11. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    As long as you don't support 2 teams it's fine. People that support properly more than one team or have switched teams aren't real supporters in my eyes.

Arsenal FTW. They're more classy than Barcelona but haven't won as many trophies (yet).

12. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I'm taking the Broncos all the way in this game!!!

;)

13. WunDaii

Haha, more classy, sure. But not more skilled.

14. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Shouldn't their tag-line be 'so ugly it hurts' ?

15. WunDaii

Seems like they decided to concentrate on animations rather than gameplay.

16. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That's great! :D Although I reckon that's what Konami and EA will say about it.

Which means this is going to be rubbish once again. The gameplay in the last 2 versions was poor, even compared to FIFA. And if the gameplay is still rubbish, how good can the online multiplayer actually be? I'd suggest not very.

I'm certainly waiting to see what happens with PES and FIFA this year.

Oh, and what's with these odd promo videos they've been making lately, what with the David Villa 1 and the Modern Combat 2 iPad Rocket Launcher 1?

17. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    The passing and collecting still looks terrible to me, so it seems like they focused more on theatrics and not the actual game

18. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Check out hands on here from PG:

[​IMG]

Real Football 2011 is billed by developer Gameloft as "a whole new game, a brand new look". This new look kicks off with a fresh cover star for the series, FC Barcelona striker David Villa (more from him later).

From the first whistle of our hands on with Real Football 2011, Villa and the Gameloft team were at pains to stress the graphical boost to this year’s edition.

To take full advantage of iPhone 4’s splendid Retina display and Apple HD resolution on iPad, the prolific French publisher has utilised the extra processing grunt on hand to cram in up to five times more polygons for a sharper, smoother experience, and prettier stadia.

[​IMG]

On the subject of controls, Gameloft has introduced a welcome tap-to-switch-player mechanic and a third button into the fray for manoeuvring your virtual Messi: Sprint.

Sitting between the familiar A + B offerings for pass and shoot, the Sprint button performs the same trick as the occasionally imprecise D-pad-dragging technique of previous Real Football incarnations.

It could take a little getting used to for fans of last season’s game, but the product manager was keen to stress that controls are fully configurable and the option to revert to the ‘old’ style method for bolting down London Blues’s pitch is available.

Yes, whilst 350 real-life pros, say David Villa, are accurately listed and commentated on in Real Football 2011, the FIFPro license doesn’t extend to all 14 of the playable leagues.

[​IMG]

The ability to edit London Blues to Chelsea FC is included, however, and Christmas transfer-window changes can be downloaded online into the game.

Recreate Liverpool v AC Milan 2005

What Real Football 2011 may lack in official licensing, it more than compensates for in modes and features.

Ten different kinds of gameplay are on offer, most intriguing of which are Club Master, Enter the Legend, and History.

In Club Master you effectively become the player-manager, having to deal with injuries, suspensions, and extra-marital affairs with call girls during the course of a season.

Addressing a common complaint from the App Store community, Enter the Legend (think Be A Pro on FIFA) has been improved, now allowing you to track either your player’s position or the ball itself.

My personal favourite is the RPG-like History mode, which invites you to not only relive classic matches, but also to rewrite them. Sterner challenges can be unlocked, too, if, for example, you manage to somehow overturn the 3-0 deficit Liverpool faced in the 2005 Champions League Final v AC Milan.

[​IMG]

Multiplayer mayhem

Replays to YouTube return for all you showboaters out there, while interoperability between the iPhone and iPad versions of Real Football 2011 is to be commended.

One omission from previous Real Football iPhone releases is online multiplayer. Citing logistical difficulties and performance issues, Gameloft has dropped this feature, though Bluetooth and local wi-fi clashes endure.

Real Football 2011 for iPhone and iPad should be running out onto the App Store turf by the end of September, and both versions will retail for £3.99 / $6.99 / €5.49.​

19. diffusion8r

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    FIFA 11 looks the best. If it has the gameplay, it has the modes to win.