How to ask Apple for a refund?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SonixManix, May 9, 2014.

1. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I got Limbo, just to find out it was incompatible with my device. I looked back in the description and it said it was incompatible, but at the very bottom of the description.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I think you log into your account, look at your purchases and there should be button next to it to report it/talk to Apple etc

I would personally wait to use it for something important, if an app says its not compatible and you still bought it, dont think you should get a refund for that (sorry).

When i had a lower spec iOS device i checked all over the description to double check.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    You have to wait for the email receipt and then select "Report a problem". If I remember correctly you even have that option to select from the options to select (incompatible). Shame you cant play it since it is one of the best mood platformers ever that never repeats itself. Kind of my favorite.

4. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    I know... Damn iPhone 4.

5. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    The thing is, it still let me purchase it. And I looked at the description after I got it, to confirm it. I bought it awhile ago, and ended up deleting the reciept, so what do I do now?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If you log onto itunes you'll be able to see all your past purchases.

If i remember right the app store was a bit messed up, eg you couldnt say 'this app only works on iphone 4s/5, it automatically included say iphone 4' so often in the description you would get NOTE this doesnt work on.... as they couldnt choose that from the initial category

Had this issue a couple of times, Walking Dead was never meant to work on an ipod touch 4th gen (despite saying so in the app requirements) but apparently theres was no way (then at least) to take that off

I dont normally agree with Apple bringing out new products every 6 months but i must admit its been a whole different world for me moving from an iphone 4 to a 4s, no apps crashing, all installing etc. Worth moving up one generation if you can (Think going to the latest device, eg 5s is a waste though)