How....

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Prozak, May 4, 2011.

1. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    is it possible that Paper Monsters got like 2 headlines in one day while good games such as kosmo spin got totally ignored when it came out.

I seriously want to know how this system works here. Is there money involved? Friends politics? - or does TA pick up games they like on a fairly basis?

Really want to know the answer :)

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm genuinely excited for Paper Monsters. I think Brad might have went a little overboard with comparing it to Little Big Planet, but good platformers are semi-rare on the App Store, so it seems worth looking forward to. I really like the idea of the world being papercraft, and I hope that the developers utilize this in an interesting way.

There are two articles because I linked Brad the upcoming games thread, said "Hey this look cool you should post about it," and he did. Much later in the day the developers responded to our email questions, and by that time the original story had been bumped down past the point where full article text is displayed on the front page, so I just told him to run a new story on it instead of just update the existing one.

Kosmo Spin wasn't ignored. I download and play any game that looks remotely interesting as it gets picked up by AppShopper here- http://appshopper.com/all/games/new/ In fact, that's what I usually start my day doing. I also always make sure to spend more time playing any of these games that are also getting significant traction in the forums.

That being said, I just wasn't that crazy about Kosmo Spin. I was hoping for some of the magic from Ilomilo to leak over, but all we got was a weird spinning game with an odd Pong-like ball bouncing mechanic.

All of your other questions are answered in our editorial policy which I encourage you to read: http://toucharcade.com/toucharcade-advertising-and-editorial-policies/

3. flybird

flybird Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    But how to advertise in TA? I emailed but never got response.

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Where did you email? If you send to [email protected] a very nice woman will get back to you with all the information.

5. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    not to mention there is a crescent involved. Consumers would be interested in such news. Can't blame TA for giving them screen space.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Honestly, I have to agree with Hodapp-- Kosmo Spin is just really not that much fun. It has cute graphics but the gameplay is dull and repetitive.