App ownership

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Based Xatu, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I know that technically you can never own an app, but I was wondering if people feel like thy have no ownership on a f2p app- even when they have spent money.

The first game I spent money on was dead trigger, and I never felt like I owned the game. Everything felt like a rental, and it made me steer away from games like that.

Is this part of the reason why f2p games are so dreaded? Because it gives a feeling that you will never actually own it no matter how much money you put into it?

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Yes, same feeling I get with Jurassic park builder. My park is very vast with many dinosaurs and sights. But I don't own anything without an internet connection. No internet = no park. What a waste.

3. Professor jermiah

Professor jermiah Active Member

Dec 30, 2013
    yeah, and especially in f2p games that you can go against other people, those who paid can just topple your hardwork into pieces.

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I don't mind giving money to developers, but with most f2p I'm kind of reluctant. The last one I spent money on was RAD Soldiers and that was only because it's a great game with great support. I play The Simpsons: Tapped Out and refuse to spend money, just because I know I have no type of ownership. Not only that, everything is expensive and they don't do anything, but go on really long tasks. It just feels like a waste.